Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How important is it to get a forward this window?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I see there are already a few hints that CH would be happy if we didn't bring anyone in this month. Personally I think that is a massive gamble. We needed one in the summer, I think it is vital we strengthen now for a big push

I tried to post a poll but think I've messed it up

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Ridiculous. It is vital we get someone in. At least as good as Sam B, preferably better with more goal threat and goals.

The mood music from Chris VERY worrying IMHO.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Expectation management in case we don't land one, I'd surmise.

This. I can't believe for one moment we aren't looking for someone but they may not get their man. That said I don't believe we will miss out and TB will commit funds to land him.

Just wish it was over with!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the time Leeds are asking £15m for Chris Wood, and multi billion teams expect to be paid to take their cast offs, you can understand the reluctance to get involved.

But that's the nature of the beast, always has been, always will be, the market has not overheated.
The club has to dance with this devil and needs to do it now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not vital. If we can get someone better than Baldock, then that would be great, but that is going to cost millions and millions, and there'll be a host of other clubs after them as well. I'd much rather we didn't sign anyone that signed someone for the sake of signing someone and ending up with another Baldock (not that he's playing badly this year, just that anyone we sign needs to be a clear improvement on him). We'll probably end up going down the loan route from a Premier League club, but we never seem to get quite what we're looking for when we do that. We have enough for 2nd place without signing anyone, possibly 1st.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It's not vital. If we can get someone better than Baldock, then that would be great, but that is going to cost millions and millions, and there'll be a host of other clubs after them as well. I'd much rather we didn't sign anyone that signed someone for the sake of signing someone and ending up with another Baldock (not that he's playing badly this year, just that anyone we sign needs to be a clear improvement on him). We'll probably end up going down the loan route from a Premier League club, but we never seem to get quite what we're looking for when we do that. We have enough for 2nd place without signing anyone, possibly 1st.

How many times have people pointed out that common sense is NOT allowed on here?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll probably end up going down the loan route from a Premier League club, but we never seem to get quite what we're looking for when we do that.
Like with Wayne Bridge and Upson.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Any suggestions?

All mine are too expensive now / have already moved on... still, if we'd moved in the summer for Hogan or Lookman, we may have succeeded to land one at a reasonable price... we got too Pritchard-focused and ended up missing out on a forward altogether...

Even Sam W has gone (to our next opponents)... you should ask the scouting team...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We need cover for Baldock. Probably a loan signing. I think that is where it will end up.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Personally I think it's a fine line between the quality we have up front currently and an injury giving us very few options/back up
I think it is vital we add more options up front

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Complacency personified (again)... look what happened last season, reflect, post again... it IS vital...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Complacency personified (again)... look what happened last season, reflect, post again... it IS vital...

How is it complacency to suggest it would be a bad idea to sign someone who is only as good as we currently have? Bizarre statement.

This team is a better side than last season's, and the rest of the division is weaker (apart from Newcastle).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here