Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there a Vegetarian or Vegan ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People who are vegetarians will normally have health problems.

Humans are designed to eat meat, that's why we have sharp teeth, rather than just molars.

Is this true though ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I probably eat meat or fish twice a week. Dairy products maybe twice a week too.

It's not difficult to cut down on meat as there's so many delicious meat-free ingredients. Why not try and reduce your consumption rather than going full veggie?

Other than impressing your new partner the other benefits are you'll get more creative with your cooking, try new things and you can spend more on meat when you do buy it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You sound like you need to get out more...Dump her before she brainwashes you further!

Lol ! The first time we met I had half a pig but then thought. This is not right really is it ? so had beans on toast since

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
My other half is Vegan and my two youngest are both allergic to milk, so I've been vegetarian at home for a while now and we've been careful about milk content since the kids were born.

I'm doing Veganuary to support the other half, not that she's a vegan nazi but it all helps. Remarkably it's been a lot easier than I thought, although I've struggled a bit with milk as I was partial to the odd bowl of cereal - don't have that now. Soya / oat milk is fine in tea and coffee but WRONG on cereal. I also thought vegan food seemed lame, but like all these things once you investigate a bit there are loads of great meals. Still not a patch on the options you have if you eat anything though!!!

Remains to be seen what I do in Feb.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I happily cook meat for anyone. I wouldn't want anyone to avoid meat around me. I'd be offended if they did - why should they?

I once had a living together relationship with a vegan and for me it was a disaster.

Having spent 8.00 am to 5.00pm boarding her loft, and totally knackered, I thought I need to eat, there was no suggestion that I will cook you something so I said OK I will cook something and ironically, would you like any and she says 'well yes I would like some of the vegetables'.
No problem with veggies but to my mind that was taking the piss and the relationship soon foundered

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
No it's not. Vegetarians are perfectly healthy. You just need sources of protein to replace what you'd get from meat. Things like cheese, nuts, pulses.

Over-eating red meat ,by contrast, is very dangerous and could give you bowel cancer.

Please see the meat / cancer thread because that is miles out.

And David Haye is a vegan, he's doing ok :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Is this true though ?
I knew someone who was a vegetarian, who just didn't look well to me, just his complexion, and a lack of energy. There is something in meat which the human body needs, vitamins ect ? But I admired his views on being a vegetarian, just as I respect people with religious views.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can do veggie not bothered if I eat meat again but vegan ? A whole new discipline

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
People who are vegetarians will normally have health problems.

Humans are designed to eat meat, that's why we have sharp teeth, rather than just molars.

Wait, do you believe humans were DESIGNED?

Vegans might need to be a bit more considerate of their nutrition than others, but mostly that's just down to the individual, if they are just eating carrots, they'll be in trouble. But then if you just ate steak and chips you wouldn't be any better :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw a film called " Earthlings " holy fcking Jesus

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
i did say to her this week "is there any chance we can have a meal out together like a normal couple ? " She has assured me we can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here