Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there a Vegetarian or Vegan ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And [MENTION=961]Half Time Pies[/MENTION]

Both great posts. It was actually my fault my missus became vegan, she was getting more interested in the way animals are treated and wanted to become vegetarian, when she said she couldn't give up cheese I pointed out that the life of a dairy cow was probably the worst life out there. The farmers have no option but to be ruthlessly efficient as the price for the product is so ridiculously low - hence anything the saves money is done, with the expected brutal results.

I really don't think I could treat animals like that, and it's been so easy to be a hypocritical consumer as I'm so far away from having to make those choices.

The life of a dairy cow really is shit. I did not know it until I was confronted with it

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Will give it a bash and rant at you if it sucks :). Is almond any good on cereal?

For me almond milk on cereal is as horrid as oat or soya milk. But I don't much like almond, coconut, soya or oat milk in many forms, so your experience with almond milk on cereal might be different. The reason I like rice milk is because it's pretty plain. The others have nasty flavours and aftertastes. I use it for milkshakes too.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
This thread and the other one about bad foods has given my diet a proper kicking today. I need an NSC break. Half an hour should do it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
another question for me is why would vegans, usually on the harder end of food ethics, be eating mechanically produced cereals made from intensivly farmed grains?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Doesn't salad and veg become really boring though?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
another question for me is why would vegans, usually on the harder end of food ethics, be eating mechanically produced cereals made from intensivly farmed grains?

Whilst I am very much a meat munching machine (no pun intended) I think the point is that cereals don't feel pain or suffering?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
No but i have always wondered if vegetarian women give blow jobs, or do they consider it as putting meat in their mouth.

My first serious girlfriend didn't for this exact reason although I fear it was just an excuse (to be fair my junk looks like something hanging out of a sharks mouth during a feeding frenzy).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah that's a bitch. Most beers are produced using animal products right, but don't contain them? Are mussels ok because they don't have a nervous system or something?

What about honey? Vegans don't eat that but they do eat almonds, which basically require bees to do SLAVE LABOUR

Just read that traditional German and Belgian beers are vegan. Mussels OK farmed as a rope is placed in the sea and the mussels live and act exactly the same.
Slave labour.:lol:Almonds do require a lot of work and that's why they drive beehives across America for the February pollination time. $200 a hive.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Whilst I am very much a meat munching machine (no pun intended) I think the point is that cereals don't feel pain or suffering?

I suspect some will only eat wild plants that they forage. I doubt they live long.

You've got to fight your battles as you can't really live that easily if you try and avoid everything that damages animals or the planet (and thus indirectly damages living creatures). However, I'd imagine they'd say none of that is a reason to eat meat

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the first time it hit me was when having a chicken drumstick at kfc. It was dire and I thought " hang on a minute " I am chewing on a real life bone of a deceased animal. Not felt good about eating animals since and new lady only made me think maybe I should go Veggie at least ? After all I cannot pretend I am a bastion for animal rights when I still eat them. It is as simple as that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Are you really this interested?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Just read that traditional German and Belgian beers are vegan. Mussels OK farmed as a rope is placed in the sea and the mussels live and act exactly the same.
Slave labour.:lol:Almonds do require a lot of work and that's why they drive beehives across America for the February pollination time. $200 a hive.

Yeah - almond industry would fail without the bees right? I've not googled it but I wonder why that is ok but farming their honey is not?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think the first time it hit me was when having a chicken drumstick at kfc. It was dire and I thought " hang on minute " I am chewing on a real life bone of a deceased animal. Not felt good about eating animals since and new lady only made me think maybe I should go Veggie at least ? After all I cannot pretend I am a bastion for animal rights when I still eat them. It is as simple as that

You are having the same struggle I'm having. Except I still want KFC

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here