Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there a Vegetarian or Vegan ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You are aware that bollocks are made of meat?

Exactly, that's why he's spouting (not sprouting) them......or are you implying that they're fair game in the meat eating stakes?!

Oct 25, 2003
planet india is one of the best curry places in brighton. Curry leaf also does some great veggie and vegan options and they're opening a new restaurant in kemp town (already doing takeaway)

I make curries quite often- it's really easy to do to a high level without meat or any animal products as it's the spices that give a good curry its flavour, not the meat

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Excellent. We've had the bacon post, the vegans-are-hypocrites post and now the ramming-it-down-your-throat post. It took a while but I think we're done and we can all go home now.

A quick question - what was so contentious about "the bacon post"? I'm genuinely puzzled by this. All I posted was that more vegetarians equals more bacon for me and everyone's happy. Others have posted that they find bacon very tasty. Please explain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A quick question - what was so contentious about "the bacon post"? I'm genuinely puzzled by this. All I posted was that more vegetarians equals more bacon for me and everyone's happy. Others have posted that they find bacon very tasty. Please explain.

Nothing contentious at all. Bacon always comes up in such discussions either as the hardest thing to give up, some sort of tipping point (either way) or love/hate the smell etc. There's plenty of bacon comments in this thread, I wasn't picking on any one in particular.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I switched to the vegan game at the beginning of the year, but am committed to this being a full change rather than just for 'veganuary' or some other time limit. Admittedly its been very easy so far however I've had a 90% vegan diet for about a year now as both my housemates are vegan (and have been for a long while). I'd eat vegan 100% of the time as home but wouldn't restrict myself at all when eating out or getting a takeaway etc.

Eating out in Brighton is very easy, and there's plenty of vegan options in most restaurants if you just ask. My girlfriend being vegan helps too. If you love cooking it is very easy, and in my opinion so much more fun than cooking with meat and dairy as you have to be more creative and use more flavour. I'd go as far as saying on the whole vegan food (or at least full meals) are much nicer as more care is taken rather than just cooking a piece of meat with minimal seasoning.

18 days in and im feeling much better. No more boated feelings, more energy (i always seem to be eating something) and have already gone down two holes on my belt without doing any more exercise (by that I mean i continue to do no exercise...). And the best part i hardly seem to have to be thinking about what im eating - its really not that hard to do and this is coming from a guy who couldn't go on a night out and not order a large mixed doner with garlic mayo on the way home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I switched to the vegan game at the beginning of the year, but am committed to this being a full change rather than just for 'veganuary' or some other time limit. Admittedly its been very easy so far however I've had a 90% vegan diet for about a year now as both my housemates are vegan (and have been for a long while). I'd eat vegan 100% of the time as home but wouldn't restrict myself at all when eating out or getting a takeaway etc.

Eating out in Brighton is very easy, and there's plenty of vegan options in most restaurants if you just ask. My girlfriend being vegan helps too. If you love cooking it is very easy, and in my opinion so much more fun than cooking with meat and dairy as you have to be more creative and use more flavour. I'd go as far as saying on the whole vegan food (or at least full meals) are much nicer as more care is taken rather than just cooking a piece of meat with minimal seasoning.

18 days in and im feeling much better. No more boated feelings, more energy (i always seem to be eating something) and have already gone down two holes on my belt without doing any more exercise (by that I mean i continue to do no exercise...). And the best part i hardly seem to have to be thinking about what im eating - its really not that hard to do and this is coming from a guy who couldn't go on a night out and not order a large mixed doner with garlic mayo on the way home.

Not feeling ship-shape?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
These ship jokes have certainly scuppered the thread. I'll relaunch it.

Bacon.............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These ship jokes have certainly scuppered the thread. I'll relaunch it.

Bacon.............

What is it with vegetarianism and bouy-con?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that brummie bacon ?

:lolol:

Bloke goes into a Black Country fancy dress shop and says he's going to a 70s night. Shopkeeper gets him a lovely nylon flared suit to try on. "Would you like a kipper tie as well?" he follows up with. "Two sugars plaiz" is the reply.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My girlfriend is vegan and the meals she cooks are A++

I bloody love meat but really don't miss it when she's cooking.

I'm a meat eater but really enjoy the times I eat at vegetarian friend's houses. They are far better cooks than me (obviously that doesn't apply to all vegetarians), the food is delicious and I feel they are healthier.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
My missus calls me a fussy eater because I don't eat horumon. I once sat opposite her open jawed as she chowed down on a plate of pig's uterus. Other Japanese classics that have made me wanna vom are nankotsu, inago, and kusaya.

Like US I've found I've had to compromise (albeit in the opposite direction.) I've now eaten raw horse, whale, live oysters and angler fish. Surprisingly all rather edible. I've also eaten sushi so fresh it was still twitching on the plate. Watching a skilled sushi chef chop up a live wriggling fish is both horrific and impressively amazing at the same time.

There's a fun fishing restaurant in Tokyo where the tables are all on boats and you have fish swimming around the side...

Restaurant Zauo

You basically throw a fishing rod over, catch a fish, give it to the waiter who then takes down how you like it to be prepared before giving it to the chef. You can ask for sushi or have it grilled or deep fried.

So yeah. Japan is a very looooong way from being veggie friendly. Not really an option for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here