Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Many Have You . . (Trivia Question)

el punal

Returning from the Preston game on Saturday, a pass the time question popped up. How many different Football League teams have you seen the Albion play against?

A couple of qualifying points attached to this :

Firstly, the match had to be a competitive one (a League, FA Cup or Football League Cup fixture), not a friendly.

Secondly, at the time of playing, the opponents had to be in the Football League even if now they are in the Conference or out of existence - for example, Wrexham in the Conference, or Scarborough (who I believe were wound up).

Those of you of a certain age will probably score more having been around to watch the glory days in the old first division.

My total came to 107. Shows how old and decrepit I must be!

Best of luck. :mad:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How many teams have I seen Brighton play against? I haven't the foggiest but seeing as I've done about away 70 grounds following Brighton that the total figure is well in excess of 100.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm RUBBISH at remembering stuff like this, but of the current 92, plus Conference Prem, I think I've seen the Albion play against 92 of them. Because of your specific rules, I've NOT counted the additional likes of Northwich Victoria or Stafford Rangers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems that the question includes home games. So a lot. Don't remember which ones though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Returning from the Preston game on Saturday, a pass the time question popped up. How many different Football League teams have you seen the Albion play against?

A couple of qualifying points attached to this :

Firstly, the match had to be a competitive one (a League, FA Cup or Football League Cup fixture), not a friendly.

Secondly, at the time of playing, the opponents had to be in the Football League even if now they are in the Conference or out of existence - for example, Wrexham in the Conference, or Scarborough (who I believe were wound up).

Those of you of a certain age will probably score more having been around to watch the glory days in the old first division.

My total came to 107. Shows how old and decrepit I must be!

Best of luck. :mad:

Well you certainly have an amzing memory, despite how old you might be, to remember every game that you have seen the Albion play over the years.

I know that I have visited about 60 grounds around the country supporting the club, but have absolutely no idea of who I have seen us play against at home.

el punal

It seems that the question includes home games. So a lot.

Both home and away. By the way, because of the Albion's relative recent history - the last 35 years, we've played in all four League divisions and therefore have played against a lot more different teams than, for example, Arsenal, who have been a top tier club in that time.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can only think of 2 current league teams i have never seen us play and they are Everton and Lincoln , hopefully scratch one of those off the list soon .

Edit forgot Fleetwood too .

el punal

Well you certainly have an amzing memory, despite how old you might be, to remember every game that you have seen the Albion play over the years.

I know that I have visited about 60 grounds around the country supporting the club, but have absolutely no idea of who I have seen us play against at home.

I told you it was "a pass the time question"! It was a long old journey back from Preston. If you check the current tables both for League and Conference and just run down the teams that will jog the old memory!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can only think of 2 current league teams i have never seen us play and they are Everton and Lincoln , hopefully scratch one of those off the list soon .

When did you see us play Fleetwood and Accrington!?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And in what parallel universe are you living in? One where Lincoln is a current league team?

Secondly, at the time of playing, the opponents had to be in the Football League even if now they are in the Conference or out of existence - Therefore the fact that currently Lincoln are a non league team is irrelevant

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
26 for absolute definite just by looking down the leagues but I would say well over 50 as can;t remember loads of the teams that I saw us play at Withdean, such as Stockport that has just come to mind.

My problem is that I will often do the same away games, so Cardiff away 3/4 times, same for Wednesday, Ipswich, Reading.

An interesting one though. i have a programme from every game I have been to and that must be well in excess of 200 over the last 15 years. The boy wants to go through them so i will dig them out this weekend as I now really want to know

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Therefore the fact that currently Lincoln are a non league team is irrelevant

No. It's not about irrelevant, it's not about including them in the list, it's the fact that Taybha described them as a current league team - that's clearly not the case.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here