World's Hardest Creature X: NOMINATIONS thread

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Polar Bear Evens
Salt Water Croc 4/1
Wolverine 6/1
Honey badger 1,000,000/1

I think you're being generous with the Polar Bear. I know he's NEVER lost a match in the WHC but...I feel time has moved on without him. He'll be rusty for sure and I sense the voters will move away from what he offers. I predict a sensational semi final defeat.

Yoda

English & European
I'd like to nominate the Praying Mantis

Known for attacking Birds, Scorpions and Snakes. They also attack and EAT each-other!

HARD.

Sorry to disappoint, but the Mantis has nothing on my nomination from last year:

Seeing as I've already nominated the Jaguar this year, if someone want's to nominate the BWS, I will second.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Sorry to disappoint, but the Mantis has nothing on my nomination from last year:

Seeing as I've already nominated the Jaguar this year, if someone want's to nominate the BWS, I will second.

Winning a fight isn't what makes a creature hard. It's the fearless attitude and willingness to take on beasts even with the odds stacked against them.

The Brazilian Wandering Spider takes on an insect, but the Mantis is taking on a much feared Spider.

Yoda

English & European
Winning a fight isn't what makes a creature hard. It's the fearless attitude and willingness to take on beasts even with the odds stacked against them.

The Brazilian Wandering Spider takes on an insect, but the Mantis is taking on a much feared Spider.

Not discrediting the Mantis in terms of how fearless and plucky it is, just that it's no match for my Spider from last year. (Which is so deadly, if no treatment received asap, can kill a fully grown human and has been known to prey on much larger animals too).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not sure if it's on here yet, but I nominate the Giraffe, as always, I have to.

But again if Man is not on here I will also nominate that. Specifically Man, not human or Woman, just Man. Tough as nails. Can kill any of this competition with the tools he has invented just using his brain. Incredible.

Not sure if it's on here yet, but I nominate the Giraffe, as always, I have to.

But again if Man is not on here I will also nominate that. Specifically Man, not human or Woman, just Man. Tough as nails. Can kill any of this competition with the tools he has invented just using his brain. Incredible.

Purely on tradition I will second your Giraffe.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm surprised, and frankly disappointed, that no-one's nominated the Hippo yet. So I'm going to do it.

This is a beast that mixes it with the most dangerous beasts on the planet for no other reason than being argumentative. It doesn't fight for food, just for fun.

I'll second the belligerent, fat ********.

Aug 23, 2011
Not discrediting the Mantis in terms of how fearless and plucky it is, just that it's no match for my Spider from last year. (Which is so deadly, if no treatment received asap, can kill a fully grown human and has been known to prey on much larger animals too).

Is poisoning someone hard?

Aug 23, 2011
Seems to be for the snake brigade with the Black Mumba

The black isn't hard because it poisons but is aggressive and doesn't give a ****. The spider could well be the same but i feel you need a better marketing campaign. Something along the lines of......

"The wandering spider wanders the jungle floor, rather than hiding in a lair or a web because it has no fear and takes on apex predators more than 100 x bigger than itself."

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_0053.JPG

Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria)

When a spider’s scientific name is derived from the Greek for murderess (Phoneutria) you can guess it’s going to be trouble and this is certainly the case for the wandering spiders. According to Guinness World Records the Brazilian wandering spider (Phoneutria fera) is officially the world’s most venomous spider. It is capable of injecting a powerful neurotoxin which is nearly 20 times more deadly that that of the Black Widow spider if it gets into the blood stream. That is as potent as the venom of many deadly snake species and the effects are similar. The symptoms of envenomation include a loss of muscle control leading to breathing problems which can result in complete respiratory paralysis and eventually asphyxiation.
But there are two other major side effects to the wandering spider’s bite; firstly there is intense pain and secondly, if you happen to be male there is the four hour hard on. Yes, you did read that correctly – the bite of the Brazilian wandering spider can cause an erection that lasts for several hours, unfortunately it is also painful.

In addition to the this deadly venom the behaviour of the wandering spider make it particularly dangerous to humans. As its name suggests the spiders are not confined to a web in a dark corner. In fact they like to turn up in all manner of hiding places; boots, piles of clothes, log piles, cars and bunches of bananas. Also known as ‘banana spiders’ wandering spiders have been known to hitch a ride across the globe in boxes of bananas.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Tardigrades, also known as water bears, are some of the most fascinating animals in world because they can live happily in the most extreme conditions.

The water bear that can survive being frozen or boiled, float around in space and live for 200 years

While not the most attractive creatures, the small, segmented animals come in many forms - there are more than 900 species of them - and they're found everywhere in the world, from the highest mountains to the deepest oceans.

Boil the 1mm creatures, freeze them, dry them, expose them to radiation and they're so resilient they'll still be alive 200 years later.

Water bears can hack temperatures as low as -457 degrees, heat as high as 357 degrees, and 5,700 grays of radiation, when 10-20 grays would kill humans and most other animals.

The animals can also live for a decade without water and even survive in space.

article-2280286-17A3EBA1000005DC-957_634x901.jpg

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Tardigrades, also known as water bears, are some of the most fascinating animals in world because they can live happily in the most extreme conditions.

The water bear that can survive being frozen or boiled, float around in space and live for 200 years

While not the most attractive creatures, the small, segmented animals come in many forms - there are more than 900 species of them - and they're found everywhere in the world, from the highest mountains to the deepest oceans.

Boil the 1mm creatures, freeze them, dry them, expose them to radiation and they're so resilient they'll still be alive 200 years later.

Water bears can hack temperatures as low as -457 degrees, heat as high as 357 degrees, and 5,700 grays of radiation, when 10-20 grays would kill humans and most other animals.

The animals can also live for a decade without water and even survive in space.

View attachment 81251

Look at Page 1 and onwards regarding this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here