Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: NOMINATIONS thread

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Just to put it beyond any doubt, I'll nominate/second the Honey Badger (peoples champion). Would be good to see a fair competition this time around.

Wolverine - Seconded.

I'd also like to nominate the Tasmanian Devil.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I shall endorse the COCKROACH.

Not many multi-cellular organisms can withstand loss of limbs and the effects of nuclear fallout and survive on detritus and shit.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Hmmm, this is a good point. The Tardigrade has been a previous competitor but I'd never realised that it was a group of animals rather than a single distinct one. I'm minded to let it enter as it's previously competed and has no real chance of winning. If any other phyla get nominated then they will not be allowed entry.

That's my decision and it's final. Unless the majority want the Tardigrade out then like Donald Trump I'll clean house of the alien buggers.

I will second the specific species of tardigrade called Ramazzottius varieornatus, which is arguably the toughest of all the species.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mantis shrimp = hardest of the hard

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Might of been mentioned already but..

Paraponera clavata - Or the Bullet Ant.

This bugger packs a punch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would normally nominate the most deadly Spider (in term of venom, The Brazilian Wandering Spider) but this year, after watching Planet Earth II. It HAS to be the Jaguar. Having the balls to hunt and kill Caiman's (a deadly predator in his own right) should see him challenge for the later rounds.

#TeamJaguar :thumbsup: In Attenboroughs own words, "The killer of killers"

If this hasn't been seconded yet, I second it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've always been Team Honey Badger but I can't help thinking that the little loon's chances are damaged this year by his resemblance to Donald Trump.

How about a Bullet Ant? A bite so painful you'll feel like you've been shot for a day? Moderately hard.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A quick update.

Beasts Competing

Ramazzottius Varieornatus*
Polar Bear
Chinstrap Penguin
Jaguar
Honey Badger
Walrus
Northern Goshawk
Salt Water Croc
Desert Long Eared Bat
Siberian Tiger
Cassowary
Grasshopper Mouse
Bulldog Ant
Bullet Ant
Shrew
Tarantula Hawk
Wolverine

Beasts that need to be seconded

Mantis Wasp
Racer Snake
Least Weasel
Insatiable Hairy Frogfish
Emperor Penguin
Malayan Sun Bear
Black Mamba
Human
Naked Mole Rat
Tasmanina Devil
Cockroack
Orca
Seagull
Mantis Shrimp
Komodo Dragon
Alligator snapping Turtle
Glass Frog

*The Ramazzottius Varieornatus is a form of Tardigrade. It was brought to my attention that the Tardigrade is not actually a beast but a phylum(i.e class of beast) rather than a single beast. The R.V is a single species of Tardigrade and has been nominated to take the place of the phylum Tardigrade.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
My first year of actually nominating but this creature is too mental not to be nominated

Bulldog Ant

Yes it's an Ant - but it holds a world record for being head mental and despite it's size has killed humans

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-dangerous-ant

'In attack it uses its sting and jaws simultaneously. There have been at least three human fatalities since 1936, the latest a Victorian farmer in 1988.

The bull dog ant earned its name because of its ferocity and determination during an attack. It is extremely aggressive and shows little fear of human beings, stinging a number of times in quick succession and therefore injecting more venom with each bite. In an attack, the ant will hold on to its victim with long, toothed mandibles, curl its body underheath and thrust its long barbless sting into the skin. On a few occasions this sting has been enough to kill adults within 15 minutes.'
Having been bitten / stung by one of these I can confirm it was like somebody screwing in a red hot screw into my ankle bone (that is where it got me) i jumped in a lake (was playing golf) to escape them and one of the little (well actually large) bstards started swiming after me. It hurt that much i almost lost control of.my bowels. Seconded...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here