Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: NOMINATIONS thread

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Is poisoning someone hard?

Of course it's not. That's why the Bulldog Ant should win - he is head mental and grans and repeatedly stings for a laugh. He isn't scared of humans so has no reason to do it other than showing he is mental.

A spider that can kill someone quickly - woo. An Ant that attacks (and anecdotal evidence on here suggests SWIMS AFTER people) for fun = hard

Oct 25, 2003
my seconding is in bold- I'M SO BLOODY EXCITED

Mantis Wasp
Racer Snake
Insatiable Hairy Frogfish
Emperor Penguin
Black Mamba

Human
Naked Mole Rat
Cockroack
Seagull
Glass Frog
Bobbit Worm
Mongoose

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Surprised this one has failed to get any nominations, probably because it's too obvious, but I shall nominate the Black Rhino. Both extremely aggressive yet a truly tough *******

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I would like to nominate The Dung Beetle

They spend their whole life surrounded by SHIT! When they are looking for a mate they don't try very hard because they give her a ball of SHIT. But they can push ball of shit that weighs up to 1.141 their body weight which is the equivalent of a human moving 80 TONS! They are also tiny astronomers. Scientists observing beetle behaviour in South Africa now think that they find their way back and forth to their nest by using the Milky Way to navigate.

Yoda

English & European
View attachment 81250

Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria)

When a spider’s scientific name is derived from the Greek for murderess (Phoneutria) you can guess it’s going to be trouble and this is certainly the case for the wandering spiders. According to Guinness World Records the Brazilian wandering spider (Phoneutria fera) is officially the world’s most venomous spider. It is capable of injecting a powerful neurotoxin which is nearly 20 times more deadly that that of the Black Widow spider if it gets into the blood stream. That is as potent as the venom of many deadly snake species and the effects are similar. The symptoms of envenomation include a loss of muscle control leading to breathing problems which can result in complete respiratory paralysis and eventually asphyxiation.
But there are two other major side effects to the wandering spider’s bite; firstly there is intense pain and secondly, if you happen to be male there is the four hour hard on. Yes, you did read that correctly – the bite of the Brazilian wandering spider can cause an erection that lasts for several hours, unfortunately it is also painful.

In addition to the this deadly venom the behaviour of the wandering spider make it particularly dangerous to humans. As its name suggests the spiders are not confined to a web in a dark corner. In fact they like to turn up in all manner of hiding places; boots, piles of clothes, log piles, cars and bunches of bananas. Also known as ‘banana spiders’ wandering spiders have been known to hitch a ride across the globe in boxes of bananas.

If this is a nomination, I will second. Not so much as to it's deadly toxic venom, but more so once it get's into this kind of mood:
latest

This is not just a warning stance, but also an attack one too.

If it decides to go into its "Death Dance", do not try to take it on. It will keep coming for you it is that aggressive. Not only that, but when in this attack mode, it has been know to be quick enough to climb a broom stick being used to attack it with and still bite its victim before the person knows what is going on. Now that is seriously quick in arachnid terms. One spider has also known to have killed TWO children in the night/attack.

Yes, it might have the most powerful venom of any spider, but it's also Quick AND Aggressive as well as an active hunter, rather than waiting for its food to fly into a web or ambush like the trapdoor spider.

MantisShrimpMan4eva

Feb 7, 2014
i don't post on here as often as i would like to but I get confused by all you boys talking about the football.

i am pleased to see that you have put that strange nonsense behind you and are now refocusing on more important things.

i went to great lengths to find my password and i demand that my vote for a Mantis Shrimp is recognised.

unless i think to check this thread again, i sincerely look forward to reading about the result in the 2018 thread.

bye

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Tardigrades, also known as water bears, are some of the most fascinating animals in world because they can live happily in the most extreme conditions.

The water bear that can survive being frozen or boiled, float around in space and live for 200 years

While not the most attractive creatures, the small, segmented animals come in many forms - there are more than 900 species of them - and they're found everywhere in the world, from the highest mountains to the deepest oceans.

Boil the 1mm creatures, freeze them, dry them, expose them to radiation and they're so resilient they'll still be alive 200 years later.

Water bears can hack temperatures as low as -457 degrees, heat as high as 357 degrees, and 5,700 grays of radiation, when 10-20 grays would kill humans and most other animals.

The animals can also live for a decade without water and even survive in space.

View attachment 81251

Looks like something from Dr Who, I sometimes wonder what the point of things such as this are, as well as ourselves..........hmmmmmm.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Beasts Competing

Ramazzottius Varieornatus*
Polar Bear
Chinstrap Penguin
Jaguar
Honey Badger
Walrus
Northern Goshawk
Salt Water Croc
Desert Long Eared Bat
Siberian Tiger
Cassowary
Grasshopper Mouse
Bulldog Ant
Bullet Ant
Shrew
Tarantula Hawk
Wolverine
Malayan Sun Bear
Tasmanian Devil
Orca
Mantis Shrimp
Komodo Dragon
Alligator Snapping Turtle
Praying Mantis
Cape Buffalo
Least Weasel
Emperor Penguin
Black Mamba
Seagull
Mongoose
Giraffe
Hippo
Brazilian Wandering Spider
Human

Beasts that need to be seconded

Mantis Wasp
Racer Snake
Insatiable Hairy Frogfish
Naked Mole Rat
Cockroach
Glass Frog
Bobbit Worm
Australian Horse
Black Rhino
Dung Beetle

There have been some surprising omissions so far: no Elephants or Sharks amongst others.

Nominations close in about 24 hours so if you've got a beast you want competing you'd best get a move on.

*The Ramazzottius Varieornatus is a form of Tardigrade. It was brought to my attention that the Tardigrade is not actually a beast but a phylum(i.e class of beast) rather than a single beast. The R.V is a single species of Tardigrade and has been nominated to take the place of the phylum Tardigrade.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
*The Ramazzottius Varieornatus is a form of Tardigrade. It was brought to my attention that the Tardigrade is not actually a beast but a phylum(i.e class of beast) rather than a single beast. The R.V is a single species of Tardigrade and has been nominated to take the place of the phylum Tardigrade.

Certainly adds a bit of ramazzotaz to proceedings.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I nominate the Tardigrade

Earth’s most tenacious creature can live in boiling water, solid ice, and the intense radiation of space. It can survive a decade in a desert, without a drop of water to drink, or in the deepest trenches of the sea.

Tardigrades change form to survive without water.

Tardigrades’ minuscule size hides them from predators.

Tardigrades’ mouths contain sharp daggers.

Tardigrades traveled to space – and survived.

They’ve been around longer than nearly every other living organism.

Fk'ing HARD

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I nominate the Tardigrade

Earth’s most tenacious creature can live in boiling water, solid ice, and the intense radiation of space. It can survive a decade in a desert, without a drop of water to drink, or in the deepest trenches of the sea.

Tardigrades change form to survive without water.

Tardigrades’ minuscule size hides them from predators.

Tardigrades’ mouths contain sharp daggers.

Tardigrades traveled to space – and survived.

They’ve been around longer than nearly every other living organism.

Fk'ing HARD

:facepalm:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
By the same logic shouldn't the seagull be replaced by a specific gull instead - there is no specific bird called a seagull? Or as it is a BHA competition does the seagull get a pass?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here