Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds game to be shown live on Sky

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Was planning on going to this one. Taken a day off, last train back is 20.05, from previous experience at Leeds this is cutting it very fine. Yet again no consideration given for those travelling away by train. Might have to give it a miss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just booked a cheap flight from Heathrow Saturday lunchtime, hotel and a flight back Sunday afternoon. Lucky to have a few airmiles/points to burn so cheaper than driving/train.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was planning on going to this one. Taken a day off, last train back is 20.05, from previous experience at Leeds this is cutting it very fine. Yet again no consideration given for those travelling away by train. Might have to give it a miss.

It's comfortable if you leave at FT and at reasonable pace.

Just booked a cheap flight from Heathrow Saturday lunchtime, hotel and a flight back Sunday afternoon. Lucky to have a few airmiles/points to burn so cheaper than driving/train.

This is normally my plan as I always have plenty of Avios burning a hole in my pocket. However, the flight times back are crap. 0930 too early on a Sunday morning after a night on the razz and 1930 too late!

Also, never flown to LBA but it appears its a way out of town and no trains. Actually considering flying back from Manchester.......

theboybilly

Isn't it a bit of a faffing about though? Having to fight your way to Heathrow from BH then hang about in departures; then make your way from Leeds-Bradford Airport to your hotel and then to Elland Road? All that to do next day too (apart from the Elland road bit)

I'm going by train then staying over in a hotel across from Leeds Station. I'll use the Football Express bus to and from the match which apparently works very well

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Isn't it a bit of a faffing about though? Having to fight your way to Heathrow from BH then hang about in departures; then make your way from Leeds-Bradford Airport to your hotel and then to Elland Road? All that to do next day too (apart from the Elland road bit)

I'm going by train then staying over in a hotel across from Leeds Station. I'll use the Football Express bus to and from the match which apparently works very well

Agree, you're right but as I do it a lot with work I'm quite used to it - got it down to short term parking at Heathrow so that's not much hassle, free food and booze relaxing in the BA FC lounge which is nice and then a hotel (also near the station I think). Leisurely brekkie on Sunday morning before making our way back. There's a regular bus from LB airport to the city that takes about 40 mins. Overall travel time probably not much different to the train. I'd normally drive but done a few long trips recently so trying another option

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
All you regular travellers probably already know this but just in case, Virgin have an app called RED. In this you get 20% off advance East Coast fares.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here