Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst thing you eat regularly?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I eat very, very little processed food and barely any sugar.

My alcohol consumption is probably on the high side but it doesn't seem to adversely affect my health or fitness.

Jus' sayin

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Oh God, no-one has said Kebabs. Probably once a fortnight I succumb to a medium or sometimes large mixed kebab.The van at the Cranleigh crossroads does the best one around here. If I've been to an evening game, by the time I get back home to Godalming it can be as late as midnight, so I usually ring him ( yes I know it's wrong to have a kebab van on speed dial ) and order the greasy unhealthy thing when I'm about 10 miles from aforementioned van........Lovely. Loads of chilli sauce and garlic mayo along with a healthy small portion of chips. I'm going to die early aren't I ?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
hmm - possibly best things I eat regularly are butter,cheese and chocolate but I know they're bad for me due to the way I eat them - slabs of butter on crumpets , grated cheese on lots of pasta and gorging sessions on galaxy etc worst thing I eat - beetroot really do not like it but keep having it in salad thinking I'll like it eventually... yuk !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mine is pasta.

I even eat the wholewheat stuff. That's not bad, I hear you say.

......but the problem is I don't eat a "normal" portion. I'll eat it until I feel sick.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Oh God, no-one has said Kebabs. Probably once a fortnight I succumb to a medium or sometimes large mixed kebab.The van at the Cranleigh crossroads does the best one around here. If I've been to an evening game, by the time I get back home to Godalming it can be as late as midnight, so I usually ring him ( yes I know it's wrong to have a kebab van on speed dial ) and order the greasy unhealthy thing when I'm about 10 miles from aforementioned van........Lovely. Loads of chilli sauce and garlic mayo along with a healthy small portion of chips. I'm going to die early aren't I ?

Brace yourself!!! :)

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
That I feel guilty about - processed meat.
That I don't feel guilty about - biscuits. So much variety and all lovely. Except ginger nuts. Ginger nuts can **** off.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Once a week, on a Thursday, the Burrito Man is in Town (Horsham). Now these things are chuffing huge, about the size of my foreman, and packed with rice, meat, cheese, sour cream, nachos. Must be 1500 calories in them. But fantastic..

Is your foreman really small or those burritos truly massive?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Apart from the humungous amounts of fat in nuts !

80% unsaturated fat 20% saturated. The same ratio as olive oil another oil considered healthy.
I consume walnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in porridge with a tablespoon of coconut oil for breakfast. A teaspoon of cumin oil and avocado through the day and have olive oil with dinner. Butter on my homemade oat bread. 70% fat dark chocolate some evenings.
57 years young, a heavy drinker and a cholesterol test recently, during a hospital visit for something else, showed a 3:1 good to bad cholesterol reading. Close to perfect.

Get those beneficial fats down. After reading this thread I ate 4 kit Kats straight off, something I rarely do.

My mother, and her gentle oaf of a partner, came to help me get my stuff together in a new flat a coupla weeks back. I made sure I had teabags for them, as that's pretty much all they drink, but also bought some Chocolate Hobnobs. I ended up allowing them 1 Hobnob each, whilst the other 14 or so I chubbily wolfed.

Money saving tip MB, Lidl Chocolate Oaties are equally as good as McVities HobNobs at less than half the price.

...And in answer to the original question posed - bogies :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Liver, I absolutely love eating liver especially when it's in my Mother in Laws Liver and Bacon casserole.

I really shouldn't touch it at all because it triggers my Gout, but she keeps bringing it round and I just can't stop myself.

I love liver as well. Are you sure it's liver that triggers your gout ? I ask as my doctor told me to avoid beer and bacon when I had gout.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here