Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds and playoff chasers final points total

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Someone earlier mentioned that Leeds were unlikely to win automatic promotion after already losing 8 matches out of 26, but in the 2012/13 season Hull City lost 17 (yes SEVENTEEN) and still finished second behind Cardiff.

About 10 years ago, Stoke did something similar and finished 2nd with 79 points (and in the PL ever since).
Yes, Hull lost 15 that year.

But only got 79 points which wouldn't be enough this season.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
if you watched Leeds' game on Friday, the key takeaway is not how impressive Leeds were, but how shockingly poor Derby looked - tactically inept, and individually error-prone. They were average at best against us, even before the red card. Let's not get too worried about other teams.

Although I have very little faith in us not bottling it, this is true. Derby were utter crap.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Although I have very little faith in us not bottling it, this is true. Derby were utter crap.

This thing about Albion bottling it really irritates me. Yes, we've reached the play offs three times in the last four years but we've had injury issues in two of them and Poyet's season there was other stuff going on and we still hit the bar at 0-0 in the second leg.

What is this idea of us bottling it based on? We didn't bottle last season. We did everything we could to go up and we competed with teams who have a much higher budget than us. I'm not saying we will go up but I don't think we'll bottle it either. It will take an amazing run from someone else to beat us to it (a similar run to the one we've just had). If they have that, we could still have a decent run and miss out but it wouldn't be bottling it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
This thing about Albion bottling it really irritates me. Yes, we've reached the play offs three times in the last four years but we've had injury issues in two of them and Poyet's season there was other stuff going on and we still hit the bar at 0-0 in the second leg.

What is this idea of us bottling it based on? We didn't bottle last season. We did everything we could to go up and we competed with teams who have a much higher budget than us. I'm not saying we will go up but I don't think we'll bottle it either. It will take an amazing run from someone else to beat us to it (a similar run to the one we've just had). If they have that, we could still have a decent run and miss out but it wouldn't be bottling it.

Great post.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I mean, I don't really know how to reply to this. I never said we have bottled it in the past in that post have I? I was just referring to this season, I'm fully aware we haven't bottled it in previous seasons. I genuinely have no idea what to say lol, you've just picked a fight about something that isn't there. Chill out.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I mean, I don't really know how to reply to this. I never said we have bottled it in the past in that post have I? I was just referring to this season, I'm fully aware we haven't bottled it in previous seasons. I genuinely have no idea what to say lol, you've just picked a fight about something that isn't there. Chill out.

I felt it was implied from the post but if that's not what you meant, then fair enough.

The follow up point still stands though. If we don't go up, it doesn't automatically mean we've bottled it.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Leeds are doing well at the moment , but they still have to play all of the promotion rivals at some point as well as those just outside of the playoffs who are chasing

Newcastle Away 15/4
BHA Home 18/3
Reading Away 1/4
Hudds Away 5/2
Sheff Home 25/2

and that's not counting
Fulham Away 7/3
Preston Home 8/4
Barnsley Away 21/3

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Exactly! Getting to 89 points and only losing 5 all season is NOT bottling it. In any other season that would have got us up comfortably.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Leeds are doing well at the moment , but they still have to play all of the promotion rivals at some point as well as those just outside of the playoffs who are chasing

Newcastle Away 15/4
BHA Home 18/3
Reading Away 1/4
Hudds Away 5/2
Sheff Home 25/2

and that's not counting
Fulham Away 7/3
Preston Home 8/4
Barnsley Away 21/3

Next set of fixtures for them look fairly routine and ours look tricky, wouldn't be surprised to see our lead over them shrink. I just hope we are still above them after Brentford away.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next set of fixtures for them look fairly routine and ours look tricky, wouldn't be surprised to see our lead over them shrink. I just hope we are still above them after Brentford away.
Let's hope Barnsley stick one on them in the derby.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Leeds are superb. Awesome manager. Excellent defence, a midfield that is potentially better than ours with the brilliant Pablo Hernandez. They may have issues if Chris wood gets injured..

I see them as a massive threat, especially with our poor performances in the last couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

In the same way we would have issues without Glenn Murray. I feel we are not as secure as some may think. Game by game is the only answer, little by little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here