Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WEDNESDAY is going to be CRAP!

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I'd have been more concerned if it was met for a couple of salient facts:

1. We were 3 core first teamers down yesterday and won't be Friday.

2. We still had masses of possession and chances in yesterday's sub par performance therefore it just wasn't our day.

3. Much more pleased that you won a big game yesterday than come to us with your tail between your legs off a hiding.

Nothing malicious in this but we owe you for the play offs, CH won't let us be unprepared for the game Friday and I fully expect the crowd to be up for it after the play offs too.

Looking forward to it.

It's never easy when key players are out of course. I'd like to point out that we've not got Kieran Lee out for the season and Hooper has been out for the last 7 weeks. Both huge losses for ourselves and a bonus for any opposition.

In terms of the game we will approach it with caution and respect. It'll be defensive and frustrating I imagine. We're generally happy not to have the ball away from home if we come up against teams such as yourselves who can probably keep possession better than us.

Interesting to note then that according to yourselves you haven't been on 'par' for about 10 games now. I'd say that's exactly the same as ourselves. Yet, we have both been picking up points and winning games. I think it's probably reflective of the strength of the league. Teams at the top tend to have to grind out wins rather than free 'flowingly' destroy teams in the style of Bournemouth and Watford a few seasons ago (both scored near to 100 goals).

Our teams and fans will be more than up for this.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's never easy when key players are out of course. I'd like to point out that we've not got Kieran Lee out for the season and Hooper has been out for the last 7 weeks. Both huge losses for ourselves and a bonus for any opposition.

In terms of the game we will approach it with caution and respect. It'll be defensive and frustrating I imagine. We're generally happy not to have the ball away from home if we come up against teams such as yourselves who can probably keep possession better than us.

Interesting to note then that according to yourselves you haven't been on 'par' for about 10 games now. I'd say that's exactly the same as ourselves. Yet, we have both been picking up points and winning games. I think it's probably reflective of the strength of the league. Teams at the top tend to have to grind out wins rather than free 'flowingly' destroy teams in the style of Bournemouth and Watford a few seasons ago (both scored near to 100 goals).

Enjoy the game if you're coming?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

Hutchinson looks a player

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Hutchinson looks a player

He is a ridiculous talent at this level. If he didn't have the potential for injuries, which caused him to retire at 21, then he could definitely be a top player in the Prem. Just has that scary side to his personality on the pitch where he turns into a nutter. That can be his only let down if he decides to go and get himself sent off.

Presuming then your 3 absentees are all back in contention for Friday?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
He is a ridiculous talent at this level. If he didn't have the potential for injuries, which caused him to retire at 21, then he could definitely be a top player in the Prem. Just has that scary side to his personality on the pitch where he turns into a nutter. That can be his only let down if he decides to go and get himself sent off.

Presuming then your 3 absentees are all back in contention for Friday?

Dunk is back as suspension now finished. Kayal should start now as proved his fitness.
Not sure about bong
Sidwell should be ok as he was ill

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A draw wouldn't be the worst result. Must not lose!

Nothing less than a win for me. Need to quickly get back to winning ways, particularly at home, no matter who the opposition.

Leeds and Reading have tricky/tough fixtures so a chance to put more daylight between us and them

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

How do you rate Barry Bannan? I was impressed when he played for Palace. His Wiki page states that Houiller compared him to Paul Scholes in style. That's a big compliment.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Were Loose. :shootself

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
How do you rate Barry Bannan? I was impressed when he played for Palace. His Wiki page states that Houiller compared him to Paul Scholes in style. That's a big compliment.

Last season he was on of our best players but this season he's been hit and miss. Taking some criticism from the fans. Mainly because I think teams seem to press him a lot more after being aware of his passing range. He's still a top important player for us but seems to have less impact for some reason. I guess it's reflective of us not scoring that many goals this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Charlton is going to be crap

Was it Withdean Wanderer or The Complete Badger?

Didn't someone get spat on as well?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
.......but FRIDAY will be excellent,with a complete football lesson handed out to wednesday:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here