Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Sheff Wed

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Just thinking ahead to Friday's game against Massive. Chris has said Bong should be fit. Hopefully Stephens will be available and Kayal maybe pushing for a start, so I'd go with:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just thinking ahead to Friday's game against Massive. Chris has said Bong should be fit. Hopefully Stephens will be available and Kayal maybe pushing for a start, so I'd go with:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

Hopefully return to that line up. Possibly if he is not quite fready o start change Kayal for Sidwell for 50 mins .or Norwood.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

I'd go exactly this assuming they're fit. Really need Stephens and Kayal back playing together. Got a feeling it won't happen though. I swear massive Wednesday always seem to play us when we haven't got both of these guys playing together / at all (home last season Kayal missing possibly both from memory / Both play off games Stephens missing / away game this season both were missing / this week I expect one or both will be missing from the start of line-up). Lucky *******s.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

What a team!

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

That team is more than good enough to beat anyone

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

Our best team except Rosenir for Bong when fit...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

That team, assuming Stephens is over his burnleyitis.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Rosenior and Kayal returning will be like two new signings to freshen up the squad for the second half of the season. Also March will soon be fit enough to play ninety minutes and not just a cameo role.
I am slightly concerned with Skalak he hasn't got the pace to get past his marker and doesn't always track back in defernce.
I agree with the OP possible starting XI.

el punal

After witnessing yesterday's poor performance at Preston I'm surprisingly optimistic about the Wednesday game and future fixtures. With key players (aren't they all?) like Dunk, Bong, Kayal returning to the fray and Rosenior not far off, I feel much more positive about the future.

The important thing though is how we react to the Preston defeat and Sheffield Wednesday will certainly be a strong test of our resolve in that matter.

So, who to play? Murray and Baldock up front, Knockaert and March out wide, definitely Kayal and Stephens midfield, back four of Bruno (please play better), Dunk, Duffy, and Bong.

Onwards and upwards!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

I think that is our best 11 with Rosenior very close when fit.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bet skalak starts:lolol::lolol:
Knowing Hughton I'd suspect he will not start kayal yet and he is needed big time in the middle.I would like to see sidwell and Stephens start if this is the case with kayal....At home we need offensive midfielders not defensive midfielders.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would doubt CH would go with Stephens and Kayal given Stephens missed yesterday and Kayal is still working his way back. I'd go with Kayal and Norwood (who I think has looked good recently). The rest of the squad picks itself really apart from LB depends who's more ready Bong or Pocognoli

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

As others have said and if the two CMs are adjudged fit and available, this really is some team. I also agree with the comments about needing Rosenior back as cover especially at right-back.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is age beginning to tell on Bruno as in his last couple of games he has been below par especially with yesterdays 2nd goal
People have said the same thing in the last 3/4 seasons. He has a few poor games now and again but is still class overall

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Murray

Mouth-watering that XI. May be wrong but I don't think we have ever had that starting line-up. Would be great to see it on Friday
Hopefully return to that line up. Possibly if he is not quite fready o start change Kayal for Sidwell for 50 mins .or Norwood.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Pretty much agree. I'd take Kayal off after an hour if he tires, and replace him with Norwood if we are chasing the game, or Sidwell if we're trying to protect a healthy lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here