Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody recognise themselves...?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Does anyone recall Fans United 2? Which was on Valentines Day 1998, a truly crap 0-0 draw with Doncaster Rovers.
The busses from Sussex were dubbed 'love busses ' although I recall reports of a punch up on one of them, with a quote from a witness "There wasn't a lot of love on that particular bus".

Remember it very well indeed; it was an unseasonably very hot February day.
It was probably our biggest gate at the Priestfield but the game itself was very poor.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Does anyone recall Fans United 2? Which was on Valentines Day 1998, a truly crap 0-0 draw with Doncaster Rovers.
The busses from Sussex were dubbed 'love busses ' although I recall reports of a punch up on one of them, with a quote from a witness "There wasn't a lot of love on that particular bus".

They did t-shirts for that one with a large heart on it. I bought one but long since worn out and binned.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012

First and last time I ever pulled at a football match. Happy days!

Took 4 coaches up for that one compared to our usual 1:moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sadly yes. As I live down the road I saw almost all our gams at Pissfilled, including the nightmre first game (some sortof wankish cup compo) when they opened only the Rainham end.

Our first two attendances for league games are officially exactly the same. We were obviously fiddling the attendances to avoid tax, but hadn't quite got up to speed.

Happy days? No. Effig awful. The meet ups at the Cricjeyers were fun though. Several vets are still active on here. Hats off to JitW, DK'sM, and others :thumbsup:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Was it the Cricketers? The pub used to be the best bit. We were all in the same boat. Travelling into a neighboring county to watch a home game. They put on a free buffet for us after the final game. Seems like a million years ago now.

Cricketers was the nearest. I used to use the Rose Neath.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not easy picking a motm when they had been done 0-5 to Millwall in the auto windscreens shield.

God I remember that game. I was working in Crawley that day so drove straight to Gillingham on my own. Got there and went in with the stewards looking at me as if I was mad. Quickly realised I was the ONLY person in the ground.
Went back to the gate and said "can I go to the pub"?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Went to every match at Gillingham - kind of felt that I had to go
We drove or got the train
Bloody awful experience - crap team and a town straight out of the 70s

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
That's the one - better memory than me.

Replaced him with Micky Bennett and Tony Browne lol

Atkinson was pretty decent actually, but I think he was from up north and he had a few offers to return back that way. He always seemed to play well against us after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here