Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed camara van legality ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't mention the MILF Cowgirl!!!

Will people PLEASE_STOP posting those words,i don't want to have to look them up-again!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:lol: i thought,well i don;t know what i thought,but i can see her face now (at that time) her face now is priceless too-am telling her about this and she say's women are better as they never get caught (or in my missus case-she never speeds-EVER).....

Sounds like mine. :)
I'm a pretty calm driver but after the fourth time someone has cut me up I usually start swearing, it's better than getting out and getting done for road rage, she doesn't get this at all. She thinks I should just sit there quietly and drive, I do drive on my own most of the time and I find having a good swear helps with the stress of driving.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sounds like mine. :)
I'm a pretty calm driver but after the fourth time someone has cut me up I usually start swearing, it's better than getting out and getting done for road rage, she doesn't get this at all. She thinks I should just sit there quietly and drive, I do drive on my own most of the time and I find having a good swear helps with the stress of driving.

:lol: indeed and you sound like me,although i have a rule (not always followed)

1st time is an accident
2nd a coincidence
3rd taking the piss
4th enemy action

like i say a rule that's not always followed.....and swearing does help..

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Isn't that a bit like saying that if there was a copper on every street corner 24 hours a day then there would be no assaults or burglaries?

There are limited resources available and speed cameras are deemed a cost effective way of helping to make the roads safer.

What would happen without them, would there be more patrol cars on the roads instead? - unlikely
Would people drive faster knowing that the chances of being caught are a lot less than they are now? - probably

I don't get this "they are only cash cows to make money" argument, they are to make it safer for all road users, it's like the people that use this reasoning believe that no one gets hurt or killed in a crash and that it is perfectly safe to drive faster than the limits which are there just as an annoyance to drivers

Whilst there is this attitude in this country, the need for speed cameras and alike will continue

Guy Fawkes, in response to my post, you appear to be on a mission and are deliberately misrepresenting what I said and arguing points about which I have said nothing.
Your first sentence is plain wrong and in no way can your example be compared to what I said.
I have never said that speed cameras do not have a place in making the roads safer. I am just not convinced that safety is always the priority with all the cameras on our roads. You may disagree, but I make a fair point that has been agreed amongst many commentators.
There may well be more patrol cars on our roads if the emphasis was tweeked away from concentrating on speed as the main cause of accidents and towards other more potentially serious misdemeanours. Additionally, patrol cars on the roads would also help curb excessive speeds........have you never seen crazy motorcyclists hammering along weaving in and out of traffic with absolutely no regard for their own or others safety or the rules of the road,safe in the knowledge that they won;t get caught? Nob jockeys tailgating up the backside of the vehicle in front, ridiculous overtaking etc.etc.?
I never raised the point that 'cameras are only cash cows' argument. I believe they do have a part to play in road safety.
Finally, do you seriously believe that even the bods who believe cameras are just cash cows, really think that nobody gets hurt or killed in a crash? Of course not, so why say so? You have gone way beyond the point I made, in an effort to justify your point of view. Only nutters don't care about safety on the roads, whereas people like you and I do. We just have slightly varying views on how it would be best achieved.
Off for my early morning swim now.I don't intend to post further on this subject, so have a good day and drive safely!:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here