Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't blame Absence of Stephens!!!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Argus Article by Brian Owen! Last line of Article Interesting end to the article.
...WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE HIM (BONG) AND SEB BACK FOR FRIDAY!!!

...but no mention of STEPHENS!!!
My money says he's going to help fund a forward🙈

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Argus Article by Brian Owen! Last line of Article Interesting end to the article.
...WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE HIM (BONG) AND SEB BACK FOR FRIDAY!!!

...but no mention of STEPHENS!!!
My money says he's going to help fund a forward��

Good on Brian Owen,must have a few bob.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And on seagulls.co.uk an article says Hughton hopes to have ALL THREE back for Friday.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't get it. It was blatantly obvious for all to see we lacked Stephens today, again.

If you weren't there to watch it, then read the statistics. That is now our 3rd defeat, and all 3 have been without him. If that's not enough to convince you, our draw % is also significantly higher with him absent.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I don't get it. It was blatantly obvious for all to see we lacked Stephens today, again.

If you weren't there to watch it, then read the statistics. That is now our 3rd defeat, and all 3 have been without him. If that's not enough to convince you, our draw % is also significantly higher with him absent.

Spot on and one of the reasons we mustn't sell!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Spot on and one of the reasons we mustn't sell!

We won't sell, why is everyone so obsessed with him going because he has man flu? Other than it's January and everything, a sneeze, a cough, means players are walking out for the last time. It really is quite incredulous.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We won't sell, why is everyone so obsessed with him going because he has man flu? Other than it's January and everything, a sneeze, a cough, means players are walking out for the last time. It really is quite incredulous.

Not obsessed at all, just linking the 3 games out and 3 defeats post, he is instrumental to us making the big time, the club know that and that's why he wasn't sold and can't be allowed to go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't blame Absence of Stephens!!!
Well, if you won't, I will.......

Other factors as well, of course, but anyone who thinks Stephens' absence wasn't a major contribution is living in la-la land.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not obsessed at all, just linking the 3 games out and 3 defeats post, he is instrumental to us making the big time, the club know that and that's why he wasn't sold and can't be allowed to go.

But conveniently ignoring Wednesday away which he missed and we won

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Is it just a flu type virus or anything more serious or longer lasting?.

It's a rare strain that only works its way out your system on Feb 1st.

We will announce on Friday that he is being quarantined at Lancing until further notice.

Does Dale strike you as the kind of bloke that would shy away from a football match with a sniffle. Aren't you feeling any dejavu?

I have my doubts, hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong. We can do without another episode of this shit.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's a rare strain that only works its way out your system on Feb 1st.

We will announce on Friday that he is being quarantined at Lancing until further notice.

Does Dale strike you as the kind of bloke that would shy away from a football match with a snivel? Aren't you feeling any dejavu?

I have my doubts, hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong. We can do without another episode of this shit.

How do you know it's a 'snivel'? (Is that a sniffle)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
1ho4qf.jpg

Club spokesperson has confirmed that the club are confident that the Aliens will return Stephens in time for the next game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here