Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk's deliberate yellow card

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son has just got back and his view was that CH f....d up by picking Goldson and moving Duffy to cover Dunk this meant that Duffy was caught out being predominantly right footed and also Bruno didnt get the protection that he normally gets from Duffy. We all live and learn by our mistakes hopefully.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Son has just got back and his view was that CH f....d up by picking Goldson and moving Duffy to cover Dunk this meant that Duffy was caught out being predominantly right footed and also Bruno didnt get the protection that he normally gets from Duffy. We all live and learn by our mistakes hopefully.

I definitely did notice that they came at us from our right quite a lot - and were carving their way through - Bruno had a tough time
yesterday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would suggest that most footballers these days play for the money. The days of 'club' players are long gone and whilst most may keep some affection for the teams they play for, (perhaps even more so if its their local team), with agents constantly in their ear looking at the next big deal, its no wonder players are money focused.

In terms of Dunk and the yellow cards, my rationale for thinking he may not reach 15, relates to the way he has matured in every other aspect of his game, this is perhaps the final part of the jigsaw, so hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.

Since when precisely? He may have eradicated the two yellows, i.e. reds, that he picked up twice last season. Although there was one game this season, where he was lucky to stay on the pitch.
He's picked up 10 in 23 Championship games thus far. We have 21 more games. I'd suggest you're being a tad complacent.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Since when precisely? He may have eradicated the two yellows, i.e. reds, that he picked up twice last season. Although there was one game this season, where he was lucky to stay on the pitch.
He's picked up 10 in 23 Championship games thus far. We have 21 more games. I'd suggest you're being a tad complacent.

Not at all, if you follow the thread, I have suggested that I don't think he'll reach 15, as I think the penny will drop.

It's a suggestion/feeling, nothing complacent about that. Duffy has 3, I think Dunk will learn by playing with him.

Let's see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not at all, if you follow the thread, I have suggested that I don't think he'll reach 15, as I think the penny will drop.

It's a suggestion/feeling, nothing complacent about that. Duffy has 3, I think Dunk will learn by playing with him.

Let's see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that you are right but we are in the hands who quite often act irrationally and if they start to lose the game dish out cards like confetti.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Interestingly only 1 player has reached 15 bookings in the last 10 championship seasons, perennial Birmingham clogger Paul Robinson, although Leeds nut job Giuseppe 'Bat-shit' Bellusci managed 13 yellows and 2 straight reds in 14/15.
It is a concern that Dunk has got to 10 in approximately half the season.

Sauce : https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/TopYellowCards?comp_id=557

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here