Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk's deliberate yellow card

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No hindsight whatsoever. I argued long and hard before the Fulham game that he should NOT seek to get booked, whilst others agreed he should, to miss 'only' one game - and pointed out that Preston really wasn't a good game for him to miss at all, given the nature of their threat.

And of course it has increased the likelihood that he'll serve a three match ban later on.

But it wasn't the reason we lost today.

It has increased the likelihood, but I have a feeling he won't hit 15.

I see where you are coming from though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its a no-brainer for me - absolutely the right decision to only miss one game rather than two. Yes - he was badly missed, but we limited them to 2 shots on target and didn't get the rub of the green. On another day, the gamble would've paid off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody who thinks that it wasnt the correct decision are living a dream world or a little bubble. How would we feel if he had survived through until today when Hoops would have booked him so he missed both Sheff Wed and Cardiff. As it is we got beat and failed to get any points out of 3 but not 0 out of 6 which was possible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the plus side the suspension was only one league game.
On the downside if there was one game you wanted dunk and Duffy together at cb, it was Preston away. Goldson isn't strong enough for a game like that

I think you have answered the OP's question. Thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Irrelevant, as we'd of wrapped up the title well before then and he'd probably be on some Spanish beach celebrating with the rest of the 1st-team squad.
That's providing they can find cheap Spanish flights of course...
I don't think that question is irrelevant. It also crossed my mind as to whether a 15th yellow at Villa would be carried through to next season or not

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
100% the correct call. Would not want him missing games against other teams in the top 6 as they can make or break the season as we saw last year. Still think Uwe should have played yesterday though, Goldson at fault for the first goal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So if Dunk got his 15th away at Villa would he miss the first 3 games next season.

I don't think that question is irrelevant. It also crossed my mind as to whether a 15th yellow at Villa would be carried through to next season or not

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Yes, suspensions carry over to the following season. It has happened a couple of times in relation to Albion in recent seasons, with Greer having to miss the first two games of season 2010-11 (they were the 2nd and 3rd games of a 3-match suspension resulting from a sending-off for Swindon in the second leg of the 2009-10 play-off semi-final, the 1st game being the play-off final itself) and Dale Stephens missing the opening game of this season as the 3rd match of a 3-match suspension resulting from his horror tackle :ohmy: on Ramirez at Middlesbrough in May.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dunk would be a daft prick to let this happen. This will cost him money in his next contract. If Dunk is not playing for pride then he certainly is playing for the money.

I would suggest that most footballers these days play for the money. The days of 'club' players are long gone and whilst most may keep some affection for the teams they play for, (perhaps even more so if its their local team), with agents constantly in their ear looking at the next big deal, its no wonder players are money focused.

In terms of Dunk and the yellow cards, my rationale for thinking he may not reach 15, relates to the way he has matured in every other aspect of his game, this is perhaps the final part of the jigsaw, so hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here