Preston v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Deepdale Stadium
Date: Saturday 14th January
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Nick Greenhalgh, Johnathan Hunt
Fourth official: Eddie Ilderton

Preston's Jermaine Beckford serves the final match of his four-game suspension with Ben Pearson also banned.

Alex Baptiste (knee) and John Welsh (calf) are expected to be out for Simon Grayson's side.

Brighton remain without suspended centre-back Lewis Dunk as they look to extend their unbeaten run to 19 games.

Beram Kayal and Sebastien Pocognoli (thigh) will not feature while Liam Rosenior returned for the under-23s in midweek after almost five months out.

ANALYSIS

BBC Radio Lancashire's Phil Cunliffe: "Arsenal's last-ditch winner was the cruellest of blows for PNE who, at the very least, deserved a replay for their bold endeavours.

"One fan told me that North End's first-half display was the best he'd witnessed in 30 years of supporting the club. At the heart of that performance were bright young talents such as Callum Robinson, Jordan Hugill, Ben Pearson and Daniel Johnson.

"Hugill is coveted by Ipswich and the January transfer window is bound to test North End's resolve to keep their best players and develop them further.

"Encouragingly, over 22,000 fans turned out for the Arsenal tie. North End will be hoping that any 'floating' supporters will be tempted back for regular visits, starting with an attractive clash against high-flying Brighton."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Preston have never lost at home to Brighton in their entire history, winning nine and drawing six of 15 meetings in all competitions.
    [*=left]Each of the last five league games between these sides have ended as draws, with four of them finishing goalless.
    [*=left]Simon Makienok has been involved in four of Preston's last six league goals (two goals, two assists).
    [*=left]Brighton have lost fewer Championship away games than any other side this season (1).
    [*=left]No Championship side has collected more points in the last 10 games than the Seagulls (26).

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Preston North End

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just passed the Keynes

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Freezing cold wind, frosty pitch, this has all the ingredients of a BAD day on a ROAD trip for the Albion. Unbeaten run goes west with Preston winning 1-0 in a repeat of 1978/79 season

You said the wheels were gonna come off at Fulham a couple of weeks ago as well Ernest. Anyone who wants to win a fortune on the football just bet against Ernest and you will end up rich

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A draw wouldn't be a bad result today - although it's a sign of the times that I will feel disappointed if we don't win. 'Easy' just won't come into it, though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Another bogey team to be put to the sword.0 - 3 to the good guys :albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see they have a few key suspensions / injuries - but then again we don't have Dunk. Gonna be tough. Can see it being a draw.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Like most I hope for a win but would settle for a draw provided Brentford and Newcastle finishes up a draw or possibly Brentford win if either side does win.
Brentford are 21 points behind us. I really don't think we need worry about them.

Brentford win please.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here