Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston North End vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No it doesn't, its a complete irrelevance.
Can never understand why the moment our game is over, certain fans rush to find out how Palace have done. How the hell does that help. Nothing should help tonight. We lost and it still hurts as much as it did ( for me ) 50 years ago. The weekend is not as good as it could have been. I'm sulking now and won't start to get back in the mood until Monday or Tuesday. I'll get over it fairly quickly but please, please, please don't try and kid me that things aren't so bad because Palace lost.
It means absolutely zilch to me.

It's quite a good thing Palace lost but it doesn't take away any of the pain of the Albion losing imo

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure you're right. But being the kind of person who looks for a silver lining in every cloud, I'm hopeful that this result will help dispel any possible creeping complacency and fire up the team for Friday. And Tuesday. And the rest of the season!

I don't believe that complacency was an issue at all. At the end of the day, let's face it, even Chris Hughton admitted we are going to lose a few games before the season is out.

As you say, let's just move on to next Friday, and try to beat the massive!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No it doesn't, its a complete irrelevance.
Can never understand why the moment our game is over, certain fans rush to find out how Palace have done. How the hell does that help. Nothing should help tonight. We lost and it still hurts as much as it did ( for me ) 50 years ago. The weekend is not as good as it could have been. I'm sulking now and won't start to get back in the mood until Monday or Tuesday. I'll get over it fairly quickly but please, please, please don't try and kid me that things aren't so bad because Palace lost.
It means absolutely zilch to me.
Chill ya beans I didn't rush to find out anything pal

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone thinking we will get automatic promotion without losing another 3-4 matches is sadly disillusioned.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sam is thankful to the Gaffer and to God. Don't hear that at Brighton very often.

Nigerian parents. For any Nigerian not to thank God at moments like that would be a bit strange really.

Good to hear he had a good game, despite the result. Wonder if we have an option to buy at the end of his season long loan?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was fun...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here