Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1973 Chelsea Cup tie - were you there ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wish I did 'know it'. But nevertheless.

Off topic and Chelsea, I do recall at a game about 93 or something away at somewhere dismal like port vale, some bloke declaring this was enough and he was "sick of this shit" and he was going to watch Chelsea from then on in...

At the time I was disgusted, but could also understand the frustration...

I wonder if that bloke has been brought back into the fold ?

We do also seem to have a slight connection with Chelsea with the older boys why is that ?

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
I was there, that was about my fourth game. We used to bunk of school for Wednesday afternoon games, those train from Worthing were packed with school uniforms lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Off topic and Chelsea, I do recall at a game about 93 or something away at somewhere dismal like port vale, some bloke declaring this was enough and he was "sick of this shit" and he was going to watch Chelsea from then on in...

We do also seem to have a slight connection with Chelsea with the older boys why is that ?

I had no idea of any connection. Perhaps they just took us under their wing, although we were a better side than them from 79-83. Perhaps we're just a lovely club!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was there, that was about my fourth game. We used to bunk of school for Wednesday afternoon games, those train from Worthing were packed with school uniforms lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bunked off school to go to Forest away when we lost 2-1 in the league cup, that was a fun day!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

personally, was 80-20 chelsea in the 60s, 60-40 brighton about 75, 100pc albion since , but still went through long periods of not going for various reasons ., .
UTA !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here