Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard new contract £95000 per week

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Or to put it another way he's going to earn just under 20 million for the length of his contract. Twenty million quid for playing football. And that's cheap, Pogba's contract is worth about 70 million. That's nearly 100 million pounds for two people to kick a ball around for four years.

(This is the new bee in my bonnet to go along with people still singing the wrong words to GOSBTS. I think footballer's salaries should always be shown in millions for the length of the contract, like they do for American sports stars, Showing it weekly in thousands disguises the full enormity of the wedge as we can all relate to being paid in thousands. I'll probably make similar posts, apologies in advance if they get boring).

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Welcome to the premier greed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or to put it another way he's going to earn just under 20 million for the length of his contract. Twenty million quid for playing football. And that's cheap, Pogba's contract is worth about 70 million. That's nearly 100 million pounds for two people to kick a ball around for four years.

(This is the new bee in my bonnet to go along with people still singing the wrong words to GOSBTS. I think footballer's salaries should always be shown in millions for the length of the contract, like they do for American sports stars, Showing it weekly in thousands disguises the full enormity of the wedge as we can all relate to being paid in thousands. I'll probably make similar posts, apologies in advance if they get boring).

You make a very good point. Nowhere else do you read of weekly earnings.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I suspect your blue and white specs are working well, Jesse is a much better player than Murphy.

Based on what ?

Cup Final goal aside, I can't recall ever being particularly impressed with him whenever I've seen him.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Still hold a grudge because of his piss-taking celebration when Kaz scored a consultation goal in our 4-1 play-off defeat to Derby.

Never rated him particularly highly. Would always have Knockaert or March ahead of him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, with this contract he never needs to work again. It's rewarding mediocrity. It's easy to see why some footballers will never reach the very top of their ability.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It's very true. And then they quote Joe Root's wage as a "million pound contract" instead of £20k a week.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He has played decently for Manchester United this season. Not scintillating, but tidily. He has set up a few goals for Ibrahimovic this season when Mourinho has called him into the side.

He is the type of wide player that Mourinho likes. One that gets into attacking positions but is also willing to get back and do the ugly stuff to help the defence out. He will be a squad player all the while Mourinho is there. Not a regular starter, but certainly someone Mourinho will trust to throw on and do a job for him, which evidently he doesn't trust someone like Memphis Depay to do.

£90,000 if correct is steep, but that does seem to have become the going rate for a squad player at a top 6 club.

I don't see the Tom Cleverley comparisons to be valid, to be honest, as Lingard's career at Old Trafford will last quite some time longer than Cleverley's. I'd see him more in the vein of someone like Darren Fletcher. Coming through the ranks and being a squad/back-up player for several years, if not necessarily a regular starter.

D

Deleted member 2719

Based on what ?

Cup Final goal aside, I can't recall ever being particularly impressed with him whenever I've seen him.

Cos i said so.:cool:

Lingard has always looked lively and if he can cause problems on and off the ball a la Barnesdinio did for us.

Murphy has never made much of an impression with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here