Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toon to miss out on title

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Literally hate this sort of thing. Keep your heads down and plod along to April/May and then hope to celebrate mentally.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If that was my computer that made that prediction I would put it in the bin because it says that even Rotherham have got a chance of winning the league

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Toon will win this league doing handstands,either Derby or Leeds in second.
Stand on Me .

Hedging your bets on this one I see.

If you're right you can say "I told you so" and if you're wrong we'll have been promoted and you'll (I assume) be quite happy.

It's akin to betting on the other team. 3pts if we win or cash if we don't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't that pretty much suggesting that predicted end positions are directly correlated to current positions?
Which is exactly the same as the bookies offering 1/10 for promotion.
I have no idea why many on NSC hold it up as proof of promotion and are creaming their panties over it.

It's just all of the previous games expressed as a number, there's absolutely nothing more to it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
win tomorrow and I might just start believing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at those stats, I'd give Villa more than a 5% chance of finishing top six. They only have to change some of their draws to wins. Although they won't get top two, a very good run would see them get 6th IMHO and they are able to fund some expensive players this window. One of the best sides to visit the Amex this season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Toon will win this league doing handstands,either Derby or Leeds in second.
Stand on Me .

I will watch this prediction with interest.
For the best part of a year now, we have been averaging over two points a game. Even allowing for a moderate performance from now on, with our level significantly dropping to only 1.5 points per game ( equates to P 22 W 9 D 6 L 7 and failing to win 60% of our remaining games ) we are still going to reach 87 points. This is as negative as I can get and our points total is likely to be between 93 and 98.
Even to reach 88 points, Leeds have got to average 2.05 pts per game and Derby 2.29 pts per game and more realistically to reach 94 each they would have to average 2.33 and 2.57 points per game respectively. Believe you me, if either achieve this, they deserve to go up. The odds are, they will fall well short.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Only interested in 99% chance of automatic promotion predictions/stats (should be able to post them end of March/early April). :angel:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looking at those stats, I'd give Villa more than a 5% chance of finishing top six. They only have to change some of their draws to wins. Although they won't get top two, a very good run would see them get 6th IMHO and they are able to fund some expensive players this window. One of the best sides to visit the Amex this season.

By most accounts, one of if not THE best performance of the season for them.
I saw Villa at Narch not long after, and they were complete and utter khazi.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Title would just be a bonus. The important percentage is for top 2 at 87% compared to Reading's 10% chance rated best of the chasers.

As much as you are correct, it would be good to win our biggest prize to date, apart from the Charity Shield of course......

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Which is exactly the same as the bookies offering 1/10 for promotion.
I have no idea why many on NSC hold it up as proof of promotion and are creaming their panties over it.

It's just all of the previous games expressed as a number, there's absolutely nothing more to it.

Not proof of promotion, just statistical odds by the professionals, there's absolutely nothing more to it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
By most accounts, one of if not THE best performance of the season for them.
I saw Villa at Narch not long after, and they were complete and utter khazi.

Even so, I rate their manager very highly. They are pretty solid having lost less games than all the teams in the top 7 except the good guys. They also have top quality Championship players. If they get some form and their strikers start scoring to their potential, they could overtake 1/2 dozen teams in front of them (7 points).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not liking this "on the radar" status. It's been a fantastic season so far and yet I spend every match with The Fear waiting for some sort of implosion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here