Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Martin Contact Made...

Skitz1901

Jan 13, 2017
Hi Everyone!

I wouldn't normally share information like this but thought this was a slightly different situation, I know someone that works at Fulham FC (I know classic knows someone who works at the club rumour) but this is a fact. Contact was made from Brighton about the possibility of ending the loan agreement between FulhamFc and taking the permanent signing of Chris Martin from Derby FC.

Chris Hughton worked with Chris Martin at Norwich and has not been shy in showing his admiration for him in the past, the thinking being this would be the long term replacement for Glenn Murray. I personally think this will be an amazing signing if they can pull it off and make both parties happy, plenty of work still to do on this one knowing that Fulham wanted to keep him to make a stand, but Derby also keen on bringing him back! Could brighton be the right place for him? thought id share this with the forum.

Appreciate all comments,

Up the Albion.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He can't play for us as he has already played for Derby and Fulham this season so it clearly isn't a "fact" is it? It's bullshit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure whether I believe it or not, but thanks for sharing if you're not on a wind up.

As for Martin, I'd rather have him than some of the ridiculous inflated fees bandied about for other strikers - Rhodes, Vydra etc, most of whom would be crap value for money in comparison.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I can assure you it's not a fact.

He's played for Derby and Fulham this season, he cannot play for another club this season.

B*llshit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't accept this. I can't see how Derby County would loan him to us and I'm not sure that a 'one in two' striker is affordable to us with all considerations.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Would he be the same sulky, throw teddy out of cot and refuse to play ****, because he couldn't get what he wanted.
NO THANKS

Anyway, he would eat all the pies???

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I can assure you it's not a fact.

He's played for Derby and Fulham this season, he cannot play for another club this season.

B*llshit.

Exactly! There's only one FACT we need to know about this and that's that it's complete bollocks!
Why would we even contact Fulham about a Derby player??? (Who can't even play for another club this season anyway)

Poster's like this are just on a "look at me" windup trip

Skitz1901

Jan 13, 2017
Hi guy, like i said it's down to personal opinion what you believe, as for the dual club response, Brighton have contacted the FA in regards to the possibility of the transfer going ahead and him being able to play for Brighton due to the circumstances i imagine the PFA are involved too.

I think this will happen before the window closes.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
What is it with new accounts first post being about a possible signing lately?

It's the same post structure as well. That is, I think it's the same person in both cases I've seen. Both have turned up, gone in with the "I wouldn't normally do this, but..." and then spouted off a rubbish rumour. As a new account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here