Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCLs to be upgraded

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perhaps some of them have already bought half season tickets?
A few JCFLs will be among those who speculated on new half season tickets before Christmas - but the real twats I'm talking about are the ones only just waking up now and all of a sudden with this great interest in Brighton and going to The Amex next season...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One of the joys I am looking forward to should we go up is the death of this conversation.

Idiot: Who do you support?
Me: Brighton and Hove Albion
Idiot: No, I mean which Premier League team do you support?

This would, of course, be replaced by:

Idiot: Ha, who did you used to support?

(IF we are promoted)

^Also, think the above should be put on all messages for time being.^

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
One of the joys I am looking forward to should we go up is the death of this conversation.

They'll still do it. They'll just say no I mean which Champions League/Top 5 team.

On that note, bizarrely, why is Man City not an acceptable answer either? Why do you never get Man City Plastics?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You: Brighton and Hove Albion
Idiot: Who?
You: Brighton and Hove Albion
Idiot: When did they go up?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is a new kid on the block aiming for a place at the bottom of the pile. The JCFL.

This type - one of whom I had the misfortune to encounter/listen to last night - is "going to get a season ticket for Brighton next season if they go up".
There aren't many of them, I wouldn't worry about it.

This statement will usually be followed by an analysis of the merits of "being able to rock up at The Amex" compared to the current expense/difficulty of following their PL team.
w/e

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think there is another type that has started to turn up at the Amex, which I have heard described by Prem fans as "the tourists". I could be wrong but I witnessed a crowd of Asian people at the QPR game lining up for photographs with the ground as the background holding in front of them a complete long strip of tickets. How they get the tickets I'm not sure.

And the "fans" with a cardboard sign with "spare ticket?" written in marker pen, there was one of these on the walk up to the ground from the station for the QPR game as well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Club should introduce a scheme whereby all new season tickets have to be collected in person from the ticket office at the Priestfield stadium.

Just to make a point.
:lol:

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I could kick myself, usually a STH, this year I turned 65 mid season, after the half season tickets went on sale. Being 'tight', I thought I'd buy game by game and then when I turned 65, I started buying at the cheaper rate.
I do have bronze membership, just hope that I can get a 17/18 ST, otherwise I'll be hunting for tickets every week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We should all take the pledge not to sell any spare to away-sympathetic fans. Nothing would annoy me more than a few United goons celebrating in the WSU should Ibra be lucky enough to nick a consolation.

PG

Hopefully/presumably they'd get chucked out.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Since 2011 we have (naturally) attracted the following that we haven't had much of post Amex;

. the tourist

. the bloke that has never had much interest until we are doing well then wants a piece of it (traditionally a follower on the side of a top prem club) *actually this probably has existed since the dawn of football

. the elite club fan that ends up in the home section when we play their side (because they rarely go they don't have the loyalty points to be in the away end)

The tourist is more than welcome in my eyes until they start treading on the toes (not literally) of the regulars. I had a middle aged woman who I can almost guarantee was a school teacher sat in front of me at the Barnsley game who kept turning round and glaring at me every time I shouted or sang. Never seen her before or since but singing and shouting (not even swearing) pissed her off big style. Another game this season I can't recall which I had a group of uni students in front of me who had a tanked up blonde bird with em who started taking the piss out of the regulars around her by imitating the shouting at the ref and lino. Clearly never been to a match in her life. Saw her at half time trying to go back to her seat with two pints. She couldn't stop second half shouting 'ref YOU SUCK' at random intervals. In the end she was doing everyones' swede in and she was asked politely to stfu by a few people including those she was with.

The blokes who jump on the bandwagon you can spot from a mile off. Usually wide eyed in the concourse trying to find their block. Often had a few too many. They like to ark back about random players from years back that they remember when they last went to a game. 'Remember El Abd's screamer against Orient. What a goal.' Bless em they don't mean any harm.

The elite club fan that wants a ticket to our match against them can seriously go **** themselves. The gooners seem to be the worst down here by far. I have a work colleague already teeing me up to try and get him a ticket for the Arsenal home fixture IF we go up. He has no genuine connection to Arsenal and actually switched to them from supporting Manchester United in the Invincibles season. I am going to get his ticket for him - I might even pay for it. I am going to see to it he has a ****ing horrible time. Best case scenario for him is he gets ejected. I am hoping he gets a dig.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What does the "F" stand for in JCFL. Is it the obvious, as in something that would get altered/asterisked if I wrote it here?

And would there be any plans to increase the capacity? Would that be on at all without ruining the lines of our intrinsically beautiful stadium?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I, for one, can not wait until some bellend I haven't spoken to in years pops up on Facebook less than a month before the Manchester United/Arsenal/Chelsea games informing me that it's been too long since we've spoken, asking how I am etc and managing to restrain themselves for at least 4 messages before asking me if I know anyone who has a spare ticket for "the game".

They'll follow this up with the reassuring phrase "I'm happy to pay for it" and they might even sweeten the deal with a "I'll even buy you a couple of beers at the game". I will then politely tell them to f*ck off.

They probably think you're a bellend , that's why you haven't spoken to them for years.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm looking forward to everyone becoming an expert.

From cabbies....

To be fair, every Brighton licensed cabbie I've ever met (and most private hire too), if they're into football seem to be Brighton fans. Even in the dark old days as soon as they spotted my lads wearing their Brighton tops, they'd always strike up a conversation and announce their allegiance. This is also true for most Shoreham and Worthing cabbies (who all have "Ian Hart in the back of their cab" stories too).

Re. the OP's post - I can't see too many newcomer season ticket holders IF we go up. We're at full capacity as it is with REAL fans (anyone who has a season ticket to watch a second tier side who have never won anything in our lifetime is a real fan in my eyes.)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good news for all JCL fans. You are on the verge of being upgraded to a higher category of Albion fan.

There is a new kid on the block aiming for a place at the bottom of the pile. The JCFL.

This type - one of whom I had the misfortune to encounter/listen to last night - is "going to get a season ticket for Brighton next season if they go up". This statement will usually be followed by an analysis of the merits of "being able to rock up at The Amex" compared to the current expense/difficulty of following their PL team. If you have not yet met a JCFL then be assured you will do in the coming months.

On a serious note. Presumably/hopefully the JCFLs are actually going to find it much harder than they realise to get tickets, let alone STs, next season if we do go up - which is a nice thought.

To be fair, I knew a few people who bought season tickets at selherst for Wimbledon just to see the other prem sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here