Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit geekery: QPR to switch to Errea

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Did he? Was it in that article on the website where he answered a bunch of questions? I skimmed that.

He confirmed at a Holbrook club Q & A a couple of months ago that next years kit is already designed and implied (in response to a question i asked basically saying the panel was rubbish) that it had gone and next years kit will look much better. Also implied they had no choice on the panel previously so I guess that was an AMEX demand and somehow someone has persuaded them to go with an alternative.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not bought a single Nike club top (or any BHA Nike kit).
Cheap shirts which cost £10 online, slapped with advertising and the club badge adds on another £35 for the privilege.

Bough many Errea shirts, they were original designs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another plus for Errea is that they make shirts for the larger guys unlike Nike who only make it for the ' boys.'. They also allowed more BHA named accesories it seems.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He confirmed at a Holbrook club Q & A a couple of months ago that next years kit is already designed and implied (in response to a question i asked basically saying the panel was rubbish) that it had gone and next years kit will look much better. Also implied they had no choice on the panel previously so I guess that was an AMEX demand and somehow someone has persuaded them to go with an alternative.

That's pretty awesome if it happens. I've not bought any of the Nike kits precisely because I know I can get them out of a catalogue for thirty quid less. And that awful panel.

Jul 7, 2003

There is an assumption here that next seasons kit keeps the stripes. Maybe the panel is gone because it is not needed.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was always under the impression that the club didn't make very much money (if any) on shirts sold, i.e Nike pay BHA a certain amount per season and keep the vast, vast majority of revenue from shirts sold. Perhaps I'm talking nonsense.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I still wear my centenary shirt to the gym 2/3 times a week. It's been washed like a GAJILLION times and it still looks MINT. Best footy shirt I've ever bought. The last shirt I bought was a commemorative opening of the Amex shirt without a sponsor on it. That was Errea too but it's seen about a 10th of the use of the centenary and is already looking a bit frail. The Nike ones look SHIT and I find myself constantly messaging family members not to send me one for Christmas because it will just go straight into my bottom drawer never to see the light of day again.

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
There is an assumption here that next seasons kit keeps the stripes. Maybe the panel is gone because it is not needed.

Wouldn't have a problem with that...we haven't had a decent home shirt since the adidas blue ones in the 80s and the legendary Bukta stripes that got us into Div 1.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Next time you're at the Amex for a match, take a mental note, how many Nike shirts do you see, how many Errea shirts do you see? From my observations the conclusion I draw is that Nike ain't selling that well.

Www.oldfootballshirts.com

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The home shirt should be the pride of the range, yet ours is always the worst. I looked forward to the Nike range with eager anticipation, but never bought one. I stick to my centenary shirt. The casual stuff is really quite odd. I used to buy polo shirts from the old shop in Queens Road but the quality has been worse than Primark since the Amex. I feel I should be able to go to the Albion shop and choose something nice, rather than the only item in my size (L) of a reasonable quality. Paul Barber please note - provide the product and I will spend.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The sooner we ditch Nike and go to a company that will provide Polo shirts in 3xl and 4xl the better as I see it but until then no money being spent in the shop by me and I am sure I am not alone

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely this, I use the Nike Dry fit training tops to run in and they are excellent. Having also played sport in the Errea tops I can vouch for the fact that the Nike apparel is far superior.

Another runner in agreement here.

The Yellow and the Black away shirts are my running top of choice.

Home it with a sticker on the front, Not so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here