Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Away With Kids

Danh

Jan 12, 2017
Can anyone tell me what it might be like to take my kids to Carrow Road? They are 5 & 7. Is it a friendly place? What would the away end be like?

In the 90's and early 2000's I enjoyed many drunk afternoons (with accompanying raucous train journeys) in Albion away ends. I wouldn't dream of having my kids be part of that scene, but I realize the sanitized life of the Championship is often quite different.

I live in NYC and this is the best chance I have to see the Albion this season (and take my family for first time).

Cheers!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From my experience Norwich is fine and it would be completely fine. Only ground I've ever been kicked out of though :lol: Over zealous stewards crossed with mistaken identity..!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
As you'll know from travelling to away games in years gone by, families with kids and the older people sit at the front, back two thirds of the stand will be standing throughout the game so if you want your kids to be able to see the game you'll have to sit towards the front.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Very safe particularly as they will unlikely have anything to play for.

That said tickets will be at a premium and would imagine loyalty points will be activated.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Very safe particularly as they will unlikely have anything to play for.

That said tickets will be at a premium and would imagine loyalty points will be activated.

Only 2500 tickets so will be loyalty points required I imagine

Jimmy Grimble

Depending on how the season pans out, tickets will be like gold dust. Has the potential to be a monumental game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As you'll know from travelling to away games in years gone by, families with kids and the older people sit at the front, back two thirds of the stand will be standing throughout the game so if you want your kids to be able to see the game you'll have to sit towards the front.

This is true, but Norwich is likely to be a signficant game so it's going to be an away sell out, in which case allocated seats will probably need to be taken and everyone will be standing. It's also likely to be very raucous, which is good fun but maybe not ideal for very young kids.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Misread thread title and though that Narwaich had abolished children, or banned them. FFS. Punctuate please! :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Locals are cannibals. Had to keep close eye on kids couple seasons ago for fear of them being eaten. Never again, Norwich is more hostile than a Sioux summer camp without a sqwal. Take care. Take them to Millwall instead. Far less dangerous.

Ps been going there since 1983 and yet to hear somewhere swear. Throwing a punch is more an expression for handing a cocktail to a stranger. You'll be fine, a more accommodating away fixture there isn't.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Strangely enough, I was in Norwich the same weekend as they were down here. Its definitely one of the nicer cities I've been to; very quiet, very clean. Worth the day out with the family if you're considering. Can't say much about Carrow road but I get the impression Norwich fans are generally friendly.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Strangely enough, I was in Norwich the same weekend as they were down here. Its definitely one of the nicer cities I've been to; very quiet, very clean. Worth the day out with the family if you're considering. Can't say much about Carrow road but I get the impression Norwich fans are generally friendly.

I hope you were wearing your colours!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I hope you were wearing your colours!

Sadly I was in Green! (Though I did have an excuse in that I was at a sports tournament and it was my uni kit), I kept myself updated on the match when I was off pitch however, made me wish I had brought my shirt :albion2:! I would've gotten dirty looks except that the entire city centre was deserted!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Can anyone tell me what it might be like to take my kids to Carrow Road? They are 5 & 7. Is it a friendly place? What would the away end be like?

In the 90's and early 2000's I enjoyed many drunk afternoons (with accompanying raucous train journeys) in Albion away ends. I wouldn't dream of having my kids be part of that scene, but I realize the sanitized life of the Championship is often quite different.

I live in NYC and this is the best chance I have to see the Albion this season (and take my family for first time).

Cheers!

Totally unrelated but I have just come back from NYC.What a place totally insane.
I was only there for 4 nights but what a 4 nights.
Spent Saturday on a bus tour during a massive snow storm no delays no panic & no problem.
Totally fell in love with the place can't wait to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Cheers!

It will be almost impossible for you to get tickets in the away section unfortunately.

As mentioned by someone else, even if by some miracle you managed to get tickets it will be a sell out with plenty of the raucousness you mentioned, and will likely be forced into allocated seats meaning everybody stands even at the front (where you would normally go with kids).

Could perhaps get match day tickets in the home stands if they have nothing to play for.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Norwich Fans are delusional about how big their club is. However very friendly match to take kids to so all will be fine. There are lots of really nice child friendly places to eat close to the ground.

And here is a tip to not just you but to anyone else who might anticipate not getting a ticket for the match.

There is a hotel overlooking the ground and there are lost of the rooms which look directly on to the pitch. If you book one of those rooms in the hotel you can actually watch the match from your room and some of the rooms have an absolutely first class view of the pitch. Those rooms actually cost a bit more but only about £10 or £20 more than the other rooms. So there is nothing to stop you if you cant get a ticket to take that option but obviously book well in advance to get one of those rooms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here