Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Fletcher on loan

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hello all,

I'm not usually one for transfers news but I have a bit of info I thought I'd share. Someone I know who works at West Ham says we have a very strong interest in signing Ashley Fletcher on loan for the rest of the season.

He's featured a fair bit this season, playing 11 league games (mostly from the bench), but they're looking to loan him to a Championship side as they're trying to sign one or two strikers. Apparently no deal in place to make it permanent as they see him as one for the future.

He had a decent loan spell at Barnsley last year and helped them get promoted (scored the opener in the play off final). Also has a bit of PL experience now. Will be interesting to see if he can cut it at this level.

Thoughts?

Hi Everyone!

I wouldn't normally share information like this but thought this was a slightly different situation, I know someone that works at Fulham FC (I know classic knows someone who works at the club rumour) but this is a fact. Contact was made from Brighton about the possibility of ending the loan agreement between FulhamFc and taking the permanent signing of Chris Martin from Derby FC.

Chris Hughton worked with Chris Martin at Norwich and has not been shy in showing his admiration for him in the past, the thinking being this would be the long term replacement for Glenn Murray. I personally think this will be an amazing signing if they can pull it off and make both parties happy, plenty of work still to do on this one knowing that Fulham wanted to keep him to make a stand, but Derby also keen on bringing him back! Could brighton be the right place for him? thought id share this with the forum.

Appreciate all comments,

Up the Albion.

Oh dear.

Palace.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
You don't understand the need for a proven goal scorer? Sorry, this is football, its about scoring goals. If we had another 20+ goal striker in the squad, do you think Baldock would be starting every game?

Robbie Keane for me, or someone similar. Assuming we're losing or drawing with 30 to go, a pacey striker isn't going to help us break down a stubborn defence, but an experienced striker who knows how to find space and an eye for goal is exactly what we need.

I'm sorry I don't know if you've noticed but there's this thing called a League Table and included in this is a Goal Difference. We are scoring plenty on there already. The main conversation on this board seems to favour a backup for Baldock. This is what I was refering to.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thoughts?

image.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mr Naylor makes a point of saying AF is playing for West Ham tonight v the Albion. :shrug:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kind of player that it's plausible but they would need to sign a couple strikers ahead of him I'd think and also have the mindset of him coming here to rotate rather than play 90 mins twice a week. Then again some youngsters suit that more

charliechalk1973

Jan 12, 2017
As I guess you're all aware the interest for Ashley never materialised. A deal was on the table from Brighton and a couple of other Championship clubs (Leeds most keen) until the weekend just gone but you pulled out because of West Ham's reluctance to let him go until they get a replacement. Hence Brighton moving onto other targets and getting in Akpom yesterday. He could still move before the deadline apparently.

I know I got a lot of stick for this and was compared to a clear wind up from another thread but it was genuine information I got from a friend at West Ham. I'll continue to post any other information I get on this board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here