Oct 31, 2011
Pearce?? Jesus H Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sherwood. :laugh:

I recall some halfwits on here wanting him as Albion manager not that long ago. :dunce:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What makes you say that? I'm by no means an expert on Aidy Boothroyd and his managerial credentials but all of his club spells have resulted in him being fired. He will probably get the job as he's an FA man.

Chris Hughton has been fired at two of his three jobs. Very few managers haven't been fired at one point.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
paul ince is on the shortlist because of the colour of his skin, no other reason.

Exactly. It's the FA's unofficial 'Rooney rule' in play. What has he done recently to be worthy of consideration? Last team he managed i believe was Blackpool back in 2013.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
FFS...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38848691

Former Watford and Coventry boss Aidy Boothroyd has been confirmed as manager of the England Under-21 team.

The Under-20 boss replaces Gareth Southgate, who vacated the role to become England manager after the departure of Sam Allardyce.

Boothroyd, 45, took charge for the U21 side's final two Euro 2017 qualifiers and secured qualification for this summer's finals in Poland.

"I've been at the FA three years; this is the logical next step," he said.

"I believe I am here on merit because I've worked in all four divisions and I've got an understanding of speaking to a League Two manager or a Premier League manager and the problems they have."

Boothroyd was in charge of Watford for three seasons from 2005, initially saving the club from relegation to the third tier before leading them to the top flight in 2006.

The Vicarage Road side finished bottom of the Premier League the following season, then failed to make an immediate return, losing in the play-off semi-finals.

Boothroyd left the following season and had a nine-month spell at Colchester and an 11-month stint at Coventry before taking charge at Northampton in 2011.

The side were bottom of League Two at the time and Boothroyd guided them to safety, and the play-offs the next season, before being sacked in 2013 with the club once again last in the fourth tier.

"You can get stuck in a job and I was very much on a hamster's wheel in my previous jobs," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"But this has reinvigorated me. I've watched games I could only have dreamed of, met people, been to World Cups and I feel like I've grown massively in the last three years."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
"But this has reinvigorated me. I've watched games I could only have dreamed of, met people, been to World Cups and I feel like I've grown massively in the last three years."

Sounds like he's had a lovely time.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cotterill would have been my choice but best of luck to Boothroyd.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
What makes you say that? I'm by no means an expert on Aidy Boothroyd and his managerial credentials but all of his club spells have resulted in him being fired. He will probably get the job as he's an FA man.
Not to mention his 'hoof ball' style of football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here