Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump, how long will he last?

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• End of the Jan

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • A year or two

Votes: 62 37.3%
  • Will lose in 2020

Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Full 8 years, the Yanks will love him

Votes: 35 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
the thing is he's an outsider, not really a Republican, and they dont really like him very much.

Indeed, think impeachment at some point is not out of the question, so much potential conflict of interest. I'm betting on about 2 years when the Republicans realise Trump can never win a second term and will never step aside

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's a narcissist so will have been operating very effectively when he was coming in and out of the public eye as he wanted. He will now be required to live life in the public eye a lot more, something he won't like. They do not like being exposed on other people's terms.

he showed this in the press yesterday, he was not at all comfortable and very aggressive. didnt have control of the agenda, wanted to talk about his "policies" and make a big point about his companies, but other issues were raised. he'll have to face this every week, and doesn't know how to bat away a question. yeah, i can see some sort of public tantrum in the first year. but he's got this "new yorker" attitude, he wont walk away, probably have dozens of press banned though.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
that "slim" majority was 3million voters, or 5% over Trump vote, for a derided and passionately disliked candidate. dont think thats a dead party.

LA and NY give a false impression that millions of voters all over the US prefer Clinton.

The two largest cities shouldn't get to rule over the rest of the nation just because of their population sizes.

Trump smashed Hilary at county levels.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
that "slim" majority was 3million voters, or 5% over Trump vote, for a derided and passionately disliked candidate. dont think thats a dead party.

Their share of Senate and Congress would tend to show your view as wrong.Likely to get smaller in 2017.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Might have won a slim majority of the total votes,but their representation is low,and getting lower

Quite wrong. The Democrats won the popular vote for the Senate too, They did lose the popular vote for the House of Representatives but they're not getting lower, their share went up 2.5% from the previous election while the Republicans' share went down 2.1%

And all of this was with a very, very unpopular Democratic candidate. A new candidate wouldn't have the baggage that HRC had. Of course, Trump may turn out to be an amazing success and win easily but that would be because of him, not because the DP is on a downward spiral.

And the Libertarian party? It got 3% of the popular vote, so it would have to substantially increase to do any serious damage. But, even if it did, it would eat into the Republican vote much, much more than it would eat into a Democratic one. A large Green vote would cause damage to the Democrats but there's zero chance of that happening

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's a narcissist so will have been operating very effectively when he was coming in and out of the public eye as he wanted. He will now be required to live life in the public eye a lot more, something he won't like. They do not like being exposed on other people's terms. I predict one of two things will happen, he will come too close to being exposed as a full on fantasist/ narcissist and step down to avoid the public humiliation and slip back into conducting his affairs in private.
Or he will suffer a narcissistic injury when somebody finds out what pushes his buttons, lash out and expose himself for what he is and then be impeached.
Either is possible but my money is on the former. He'll **** off before he is fully exposed.
For clarity, by narcissist I don't mean he fancies himself a bit, I mean he has full blown Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Very dangerous but very easy to control once you have figured them out.

Are you speaking from personal experience,from an expert point of view (psychiatric qualification),or as an internet bore?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Quite wrong. The Democrats won the popular vote for the Senate too, They did lose the popular vote for the House of Representatives but they're not getting lower, their share went up 2.5% from the previous election while the Republicans' share went down 2.1%

And all of this was with a very, very unpopular Democratic candidate. A new candidate wouldn't have the baggage that HRC had. Of course, Trump may turn out to be an amazing success and win easily but that would be because of him, not because the DP is on a downward spiral.

And the Libertarian party? It got 3% of the popular vote, so it would have to substantially increase to do any serious damage. But, even if it did, it would eat into the Republican vote much, much more than it would eat into a Democratic one. A large Green vote would cause damage to the Democrats but there's zero chance of that happening

Well,I know maths isn't my strong suit,as the remainiacs love to remind me,but haven't the Republicans got larger numbers in both houses?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well,I know maths isn't my strong suit,as the remainiacs love to remind me,but haven't the Republicans got larger numbers in both houses?

They have but you said that the Democratic share was getting lower - it's not, it's increasing. And they won more seats in the House too, up 6 seats from last election.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are you speaking from personal experience,from an expert point of view (psychiatric qualification),or as an internet bore?

It doesn't matter.
So far he's a textbook NPD. It will be interesting to see which box he ticks next.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
he showed this in the press yesterday, he was not at all comfortable and very aggressive. didnt have control of the agenda, wanted to talk about his "policies" and make a big point about his companies, but other issues were raised. he'll have to face this every week, and doesn't know how to bat away a question. yeah, i can see some sort of public tantrum in the first year. but he's got this "new yorker" attitude, he wont walk away, probably have dozens of press banned though.

Quite, he cannot bear to be scrutinised. They always run away in the end. But they always cause as much damage as they can before and during.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
They have but you said that the Democratic share was getting lower - it's not, it's increasing. And they won more seats in the House too, up 6 seats from last election.

Well whoopee,excuse me if I'm under-whelmed.They are a minority party,full stop,no matter what spin you put on it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It doesn't matter.
So far he's a textbook NPD. It will be interesting to see which box he ticks next.

Oh,just internet bore,then!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Democrats hate him - Check
A big bunch of the Republicans hate him - Check
He's a security risk - Check
He's pissed off the FBI and CIA - Check.
Will be gunning for ISIS from Day 1 - Check.

Personally, I'll be surprised if he makes it through to 2018 without taking a bullet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh,just internet bore,then!

Trumps next 12 months will be many things, boring will not be one of them. It will be predictable though. We can review in 12 months and see if one of the two results I predicted comes to pass.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
If he carries on with attacks on his own intelligence services I could see them leaking information that would leave Congress with no choice but to impeach him.

This just cements his place as 'man of the people'. Intelligence services, serve. Whom they serve is another thing. He's got this old racketeering thing lingering about which may result in impeachment but unless the spooks come up with something concrete and actionable then nothing will happen, so far its all smoke and no real fire. Leaking information that could result in a President being impeached is very dark. They either have it or they don't. Sniffing around for it smacks of 'constructive' and sitting on any impeachable intel is just as dodgy. Makes me wonder where the real risk lies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here