Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump, how long will he last?

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• End of the Jan

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • A year or two

Votes: 62 37.3%
  • Will lose in 2020

Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Full 8 years, the Yanks will love him

Votes: 35 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
President Pence anyone?

I was under the impression from the Americans I met from the Chicago area of Indiana, where Pence was the top elected official, many believed he would not get re-elected and was lucky to get chosen for the vice-presidency by Trump. He goes for totally his own party and has no inclination to compromise at all. This will lead to further governmental gridlock in America.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
cnnpepefuneral.jpg

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Even before the latest revelations the odds of him not lasting a year were 2/1, I should imagine that they have considerably shortened since.

In other news, Trump Tower was evacuated today due to a suspect package. Security Services have now identified it as..........a book.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Gerald Ford lasted 2 1/2 years having replaced Nixon and then got voted out.

I'd be surprised if Trump lasted that long. The moment that it becomes toxic to support him, Republicans will jump ship. 2018 mid-terms will be the key test when there are so many seats for the GOP to defend.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
However long they've got him they've got him for less time than we'll have our populist dingbats. Lucky sods.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Gerald Ford lasted 2 1/2 years having replaced Nixon and then got voted out.

I'd be surprised if Trump lasted that long. The moment that it becomes toxic to support him, Republicans will jump ship. 2018 mid-terms will be the key test when there are so many seats for the GOP to defend.

When was the last time a president quit mid term other than for impeachment, assassination or natural death? Nixon jumped before he was impeached but that is 42 years ago?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No fan of this man. However finding quite funny the press coverage regarding how many celebs have boycotted his big day.

Er.. Good.

There is a reason that people like Trump and his like have had success. I'm still not sure their wounded opponents haven't got it yet.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I expect that they will settle into a pattern in which the people around him will work steadily to de-regulate, enrich their supporters (a traditional GOP agenda) while DT provides a distracting sideshow. The biggest risk he faces is if/when the Russians overplay their hand with all the dubious financial stuff that they have on him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They'll give him enough rope to hang himself with, and then either impeach him or boot him out as unfit under the 25th amendment.

My guess is he'll be gone within 2 years.

D

Deleted member 22389

No fan of this man. However finding quite funny the press coverage regarding how many celebs have boycotted his big day.

Er.. Good.

There is a reason that people like Trump and his like have had success. I'm still not sure their wounded opponents haven't got it yet.

Out of touch Hollywood celebs who probably live in gated communities away from the real world. Seems like none of them have the balls to share a different opinion either, too worried about being name called and too worried about their bank balances. Your right they don't get it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Funny thing is the blokes on Rushmore are more like Trump than any Democrat going around.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. It sounds very glib but not one of them resembles Trump in any way.

How do Washington, a professional soldier, Jefferson, an experienced legislator and intellectual, Lincoln, a fighter against slavery and a man who united the country and man of action Roosevelt, who fought against corruption and dodgy dealings, stack up against a draft-dodging, double-dealing businessman? Someone who has more bitterly divided the country than any other president

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Out of touch Hollywood celebs who probably live in gated communities away from the real world..
Unlike the multi-millionaire business tycoon who inherited a real estate company, who shot to wider fame through a TV programme and has appeared in 12 films and 14 television series..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here