View Poll Results: How long will the Trump Presidency last?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • End of the Jan

12 7.19%
  • A year or two

62 37.13%
  • Will lose in 2020

57 34.13%
  • Full 8 years, the Yanks will love him

36 21.56%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He constantly comes so close to damning himself with his loose tongue. At some point he'll say something that just is one step too far.
    I'm waiting for him to declare war on someone via twitter.
    Out of contract June 2018 : Bruno, Bong, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Ince, LuaLua, Hemed

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      He constantly comes so close to damning himself with his loose tongue. At some point he'll say something that just is one step too far.
      Bill Clinton's approval rating went up after he was impeached and after his affair with Monica Lewinsky.

You can be pretty bad and still get away with it in the US.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      My guess is that if his polling figures start to show that he's dragging down the electability of Republicans in Congress something will come to light that will either cause his impeachment or force his resignation to avoid it. I suspect they'd rather like Pence in power anyway. The only variable is whether or not they think it'll cause a significant split within the party's base if they kick him out. I would say probably not, Trump's drawn a lot of people who don't usually vote towards him, so they're unlikely to present a long term problem once he's gone.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      he'll get caught with his fingers metaphorically in the till. putting his business into trusts to be run by family is a fig leaf, opportunities will arise and he wont be able to help himself take advantage. after its exposed, he'll face calls for impeachment but probably lose the re-election before they come to a head.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Together (sometimes) Thunder Bolt's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by halbpro View Post
      My guess is that if his polling figures start to show that he's dragging down the electability of Republicans in Congress something will come to light that will either cause his impeachment or force his resignation to avoid it. I suspect they'd rather like Pence in power anyway. The only variable is whether or not they think it'll cause a significant split within the party's base if they kick him out. I would say probably not, Trump's drawn a lot of people who don't usually vote towards him, so they're unlikely to present a long term problem once he's gone.
      I get the impression he's a puppet with experienced Republicans pulling the strings. He'll remain as long as they have control of him.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      He seems in good health,so the full 2 terms.The Democrats are dead in the water and rapidly becoming as electable as Labour.I fully expect a third party to appear and split the Democrat vote even further.Obama will be their last President for at least 3 or 4 terms.
      "For those of you who aren't particularly happy with what happened in 2016,I've got some really bad news for you-it's going to get a bl**dy sight worse next year!"-The Nigel 24/11/16.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
      The Democrats are dead in the water and rapidly becoming as electable as Labour.I fully expect a third party to appear and split the Democrat vote even further.
      This is the party that won the majority of votes just two months ago

There's been talk of a third party in the US for decades, without it coming to anything. The last third party candidate to win an electoral college vote was George Wallace in 1968 ... and he got 13% of the vote. Since then, it's been even more skewed to the two main parties, there's not a hope in hell of a third party emerging

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      As opposed to the safety Clinton provided the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens?

First US ambassador killed since 1979 under Clinton's watch. Yet people wanted that incompetent clown to be in charge of US safety?
      Not saying that HC would have been an ideal candidate either however doesn't take a lot of intelligence to see Donald as a political catastrophe.
      Re-living the dream with BHA
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      How long a bit of string
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Southern Scouse View Post
      Not saying that HC would have been an ideal candidate either however doesn't take a lot of intelligence to see Donald as a political catastrophe.
      That was the choice the voters had, the catastrophe you've already witnessed/experienced or the one that might eventuate.

They went with the one with no blood on their hands this election.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.