Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long and rather wonderful Knockaert piece in Times

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure it's illegal, but it's certainly bad form. I've edited out the wholesale copy and paste that was on here.

The Times allows people to read articles where the link has been shared. That's their chosen model, currently, to allow people to get a taster and, hopefully, subscribe.

Please do not copy and paste whole articles on NSC. If something's good - post a taster and a link. Direct people to the source in order that they benefit from page views and ad impressions.

All very well in theory, but if I click the link I get this :

561b1f2e45eaa9401938d97542ea1e38.jpg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
That was so poorly written it made me sad to read it, so much so that it nearly brought a tear to my eyes. Bloody crap journo's!😋

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All very well in theory, but if I click the link I get this :

561b1f2e45eaa9401938d97542ea1e38.jpg

I have no idea about the link as it worked fine for me earlier and posted to NSC's FB timeline it has 703 reactions, 63 comments and 90 shares. So it must have been working if it's not now.

The only theory that really matters here is it's poor to steal someone else's work and publish it elsewhere.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I popped into our local library as I normally do every lunchtime. (it backs on to our office).

I read the Times (as I usually do)

Very uplifting piece.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It might be because of tapatalk? I can still read it, via the link on my pc.

Could be, I'll check on pc in a minute. I'm abroad at the moment so that might be a factor too

Luckily I read the full copy/paste before [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] killed it [emoji106][emoji106]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could be, I'll check on pc in a minute. I'm abroad at the moment so that might be a factor too

Luckily I read the full copy/paste before [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] killed it [emoji106][emoji106]

Good to see it didn't stop you having a pop though.

I reckon The Times' technology creates a unique URL each time someone tries to share it and there's a time limit on it.

This link from the middle of the thread, for example, seems to work for me: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/th...5677fea2f32b42

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not sure it's illegal, but it's certainly bad form. I've edited out the wholesale copy and paste that was on here.

The Times allows people to read articles where the link has been shared. That's their chosen model, currently, to allow people to get a taster and, hopefully, subscribe.

Please do not copy and paste whole articles on NSC. If something's good - post a taster and a link. Direct people to the source in order that they benefit from page views and ad impressions.

Will do. Apologies for copying and pasting the article on this thread.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to read the Times Online all the time, till it went to subscription. Their sports coverage is excellent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Leicester fans comments are interesting, there's a lot of love for him still from the Foxes.

I fancy that if the Albion ever did have a wobble this season Knockaert would get us back on track, he's a man on a mission.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It is blocked now and I will have to subscribe in order to read it, but I get the gist.

If you sign up you get two free articles before you have to subscribe.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm not ashamed to say that I sat at a work computer reading the article, and was blubbing my eyes out by the time I'd finished it. Fortunately I'm working at the remote church office today, as I was waiting for a boiler engineer. Colleagues (who though lovely largely have no interest in football) might have wondered why I was in tears. My boss walked in a short while ago, but he was so busy moving stuff around he didn't notice. It shows that as well as team spirit, there is real love at this club. Long may it continue.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Really will be like a fairytale happy ending if we go up. Or one of Shakespears great tragedies if not. One of the two.

Great article, don't read this and the Ronaldihno letter close together though, bloody rollercoaster.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As one of the few Working Blokes on NSC :moo:

Can someone tell me in a short sentence how I can read the whole article without signing away my life savings (currently £20.00 less tax)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here