Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long and rather wonderful Knockaert piece in Times

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
First time I've ever bought The Times, just made the tea, going to enjoy the read

Excellent article, brought a lump to my throat. It is our time :albion2:

Last edited:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What a refreshingly WELL written piece.

Sport, to me, is the ultimate theatre - it has everything - joy, despair, love, heartbreak, passion, hatred. Thus, it never ceases to amaze me that it gets written about by so many, so dispassionately. "A passed to B, who crossed to C, who headed it in the top corner".

Nice to see someone bother to write with a flourish. Bravo.

George is a very decent guy (and a huge Newcastle fan) who has been accused of going over the top at times. But as everyone says, he has got this one dead on. I've passed on some of the comments on here.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Read at the coffee shop - first it was the goal celebrations and post match at Bristol City - the goal against QPR...it is all getting very emotional.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Excellent and substantial article about an extremely talented player - well worth picking up a copy. Long may Anthony remain in our team - his skills are an absolute joy to watch.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Thanks for that, why it couldn't be allowed on the Brighton forum is just beyond me.
It's not like we are supporters or anything, I am not going to subscribe just to read one article.

Quick sneaky read in W H Smiths at a snow-bound Cobham M25 Services late this afternoon then bought the paper - effectively for free - when buying a few items (including reduced price items) at Waitrose with a MyWaitrose card last thing tonight.

Anthony speaks from the depths of his heart and this emotion pours into the article filling our story of the last season and a half with even more drama. Any neutral reading the article would want promotion for him, his father and family and Brighton.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Quick sneaky read in W H Smiths at a snow-bound Cobham M25 Services late this afternoon then bought the paper - effectively for free - when buying a few items (including reduced price items) at Waitrose with a MyWaitrose card last thing tonight.

Anthony speaks from the depths of his heart and this emotion pours into the article filling our story of the last season and a half with even more drama. Any neutral reading the article would want promotion for him, his father and family and Brighton.

Let's hope that all the players and club staff of the Championship teams read it as well.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Yes. The mods on the Leicester fans forum do not appear to share Bozza's scruples, so a cut-and-paste version is still to be found in this thread.
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/110090-knockaert-article/

Think Knockaert is worth my 1,000th post on the board. A wonderful little piece that is. You can tell the club means a lot to him despite it not being a top-flight team, and its a wonderful gesture that Hughton and the squad went to the funeral. Knockaert could very well become one of the legends of this club, his passion has been absolutely unrivaled and he's become one of the club's star players in a very short space of time. The fact he cares so much about this club makes me realize how lucky I am to be a Brighton fan, and there really is something exceptional about the team and its fans. Papa Knockaert would be proud.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
This is the season, this is the team and spirit, this is the right time, this is everyone together. It feels right, it feels real, it feels like everything is just clicking and momentum is everything. Failure doesn't even feel like an option, for Anthony - for Patrick lets do this!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's a wonderful article.

Just been reading some comments about him on the Leicester forum. Sounds like he was as popular there too. What a guy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wonderfully complimentary thread from the Leicester lot. A couple of games against them next season could be emotional for OUR Anthony........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bought a Murdoch paper for the first time in decades just to read this. Great piece, a definite tear jerker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here