Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many here....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone remember buying a beer (I think) from the kiosk/hatch at the north end of the main West Stand?

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
... have stood/sat in every part of the goldstone and watched 90 minutes.

North stand
Chicken run
North East
East both parts
South stand
West terrace both stands
West stand seats
North West

All the above plus the SW Disabled stand and the Lego

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone watched from one of the gardens behind the East?

image.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That must be quite an old pic.
I went to my first game in 1962 and that isn't the West Stand that I saw then!

I've watched from every vantage point on all four sides at one time or another ... except the Lego Stand.
Before it was erected I frequently stood on the terrace where the Lego stand was eventually placed, yet once the stand was built I never had the desire to sit down in the same area.
How odd is that?

I also had the dubious pleasure of playing on the Goldstone pitch two or three times.
I played for Brighton Schoolboys, and in those days the team were allowed to play at the Goldstone for important cup matches.

You couldn't see it from the terracing, but the pitch had quite a slope on it towards the North East corner, and you certainly knew about it as a 14 and 15 year old kid playing on it.
Balls were much heavier in those days and when schoolboys took corners from the NE corner they frequently didn't even get as far as the penalty area!

Sadly, my overriding memory is of breaking my wrist at the Goldstone playing against South London Boys.
We lost that game 3-1 from memory, and were due to play them in a return match at Selhurst Park a couple of weeks later, but I couldn't play as I was still in plaster.
I was gutted, I really wanted to play at Selhurst.
That was in the days before we grew to hate each other of course!

Thanks for sharing,love hearing stories like that..

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I had a dream once - back in the bad old days - that we built an entire stadium out of Lego.

It was really good as well. Great views from the inside. Lovely blue bricks. It was all blue for some reason.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Started in the East as a youngster with my dad , North as a teenager , Lego-Stand once, South Stand seats for a few games and in our final season West Terrace. Love the Amex but still miss the old place

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
North and South stands - with roof or without roof?

PS - West, North West terrace, East, North.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here