Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many here....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
... have stood/sat in every part of the goldstone and watched 90 minutes.

North stand
Chicken run
North East
East both parts
South stand
West terrace both stands
West stand seats
North West

All of those bar the NE (away stand) but also did the Lego stand.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
North, East (North), East (South), South, West (centre, terrace), West (seats). I was also in the Chicken Run for one game I think. Can't remember which game, but it was rammed and couldn't get usual spot in the East Terrace North.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Started with my Dad in the East for the relegation season in 86, was in the NE for the Arsenal FA cup game and the NW for the 4-3 v Millwall (can't remember if we won or lost that, but it was Mark Gall's finest hour) moved into the North in my late teens and stayed there until the bitter end. Also did one game in the Lego Stand, 84 I think.

Can only remember one game in the West Stand seats, when my Dad had sponsors tickets from Sandtex. It was the infamous defeat to Darlington in late 96, which saw Bellotti chased out of the stand on 45 seconds and Brighton fall to the bottom of the football league. After the game you lot were rioting outside and we were herded through the players tunnel to leave the stadium, remember the shocked looks on Nicky Rust and Peter Smith's faces and could see the doors being barged against from the inside and thought maybe I should let you in.....

Never went in the south or the chicken run

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
All apart from the North West and North East

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
... have stood/sat in every part of the goldstone and watched 90 minutes.

North stand
Chicken run
North East
East both parts
South stand
West terrace both stands
West stand seats
North West

Yes, every part. East terrace centre is still my fave place. Although west terrage north end has some appeal. And . . . :ascarf:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Come on then,who has sat in the old west? View attachment 81062

What was with the white looking part of the North,no cheating(google),oldies will know the answer.

Wow. I probably sat or stood everywhere, but I don't recall ever seeing this fabulous old photograph.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
All here as well (apart from the Lego stand).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once in the North West corner, every game after in the North, why would you have wanted to go anywhere else !!?? As a teenager anyway

Curious.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Come on then,who has sat in the old west? View attachment 81062

What was with the white looking part of the North,no cheating(google),oldies will know the answer.

That must be quite an old pic.
I went to my first game in 1962 and that isn't the West Stand that I saw then!

I've watched from every vantage point on all four sides at one time or another ... except the Lego Stand.
Before it was erected I frequently stood on the terrace where the Lego stand was eventually placed, yet once the stand was built I never had the desire to sit down in the same area.
How odd is that?

I also had the dubious pleasure of playing on the Goldstone pitch two or three times.
I played for Brighton Schoolboys, and in those days the team were allowed to play at the Goldstone for important cup matches.

You couldn't see it from the terracing, but the pitch had quite a slope on it towards the North East corner, and you certainly knew about it as a 14 and 15 year old kid playing on it.
Balls were much heavier in those days and when schoolboys took corners from the NE corner they frequently didn't even get as far as the penalty area!

Sadly, my overriding memory is of breaking my wrist at the Goldstone playing against South London Boys.
We lost that game 3-1 from memory, and were due to play them in a return match at Selhurst Park a couple of weeks later, but I couldn't play as I was still in plaster.
I was gutted, I really wanted to play at Selhurst.
That was in the days before we grew to hate each other of course!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I never sat in the West Stand - main or lego - wasn't that posh!

I started life with my Dad on the benches at the back of the South Stand and then graduated to the terrace behind that goal. After it burnt down and was rebuilt as an all-seater I moved to either side of the tunnel on the terrace in front of the West Stand - generally the back of the north side of it. Occasionally I went in the North Stand or on the East Terrace. I've a vague recollection of standing in the north east corner on one occasion but I can't imagine why unless the away fans had been moved elsewhere for some reason.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here