Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many here....

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I've stood and sat in every part of the Goldstone apart from the Lego stand.

In fact, in the 60s you could sample all terraces every game. If I remember correctly, there was a transfer fee between terraces for first team games but it was free for reserve games. We used to switch ends at half time so we were behind the goal the Albion were attacking in both halves.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I worked at National tyres opposite the west. The burger van bloke gave me his tickets for West as he would park on the forecourt. Never used them though, sold them for £3 each so I could get in the North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Never went in the chicken run. Only went in the West seats to "welcome" Mr Bellotti to his position. Went everywhere else.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I remember years ago you could pay something like 50p and change stands at half time if you wanted

Indeed you could in the seventies as least. My father manned the gate between the east terrace and north stand.
I worked on the north turnstiles, put out the half time scores and opened the gates at the end of the game. There were always people waiting to come in to watch the last 15 minutes or so.

... have stood/sat in every part of the goldstone and watched 90 minutes.

North stand
Chicken run
North East
East both parts
South stand
West terrace both stands
West stand seats
North West

North stand,south stand seats,south stand terrace,east terrace,away section n/e,n/w terrace,s/w terrace,west grandstand,west lego and dug out 30 minutes:thumbsup:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Arsenal cup game in 87 we were in the NE corner, Arsenal had the whole of the East stand so we were packed in there, 27,000 I think, certainly the biggest crowd I experienced at the Goldstone

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I can picture where I was stood for that game. Middle of the northern section of the west terrace in front of the main stand. So good shout but it wan't that one!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Arsenal cup game in 87 we were in the NE corner, Arsenal had the whole of the East stand so we were packed in there, 27,000 I think, certainly the biggest crowd I experienced at the Goldstone

That was my first ever game and I was in the NE corner too, right near the Arsenal fans which was a fairly scary experience for a nine year old as I recall. After that it was the NW terrace for a while including the Crawley FA cup game. Then on to the North stand until the end. Never did any of the others.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
All of them except the Lego stand, also had always assumed that the Chicken run referred to all of the East terrace.

All of them except the Lego stand, also had always assumed that the Chicken run referred to all of the East terrace.

Originally a fenced in area on the east terrace front, half way line,later years people referred to the whole east as the chicken run!
Chicken run crew!:moo:

Attachments

• scan0040.jpg
    scan0040.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 166

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
North stand - YES
Chicken run - YES
North East - NO
East both parts - YES
South stand - YES (PREVIOUS UPPER SEATING - NO PREVIOUS LOWER TERRACE YES - ALL SEATED YES )
West terrace both stands - YES
West stand seats - NO
North West - YES

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yep. Stood/sat in all of the above. Most of my vivid memories come from the chicken run though such a throwing a hot cup of tea over the chap standing in front of me when a bee landed on my hand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here