Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many here....

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Everywhere except the Lego stand and chicken run.

1st match bottom of the East near to the South.
Last match (v Doncaster) bottom of the East near to the South.
So, I finished where I started at the Goldstone Ground. :cry:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yep I went in all stands. Only sat in West Upper once and never stood in South but sat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just about all I think (Inc Lego and old away pen) but I did not ever sit in the South, only went there as a kid with my uncle when the lower tiers were terraced.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
... have stood/sat in every part of the goldstone and watched 90 minutes.

North stand
Chicken run
North East
East both parts
South stand
West terrace both stands
West stand seats
North West

All apart from the newer, added West Terrace. Did both stand and sit with the STH in the South. Sad now. Dr.-Who.gif

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
North, East terrace (various places), stood in West once or twice, sat in West once, and about once in the South stand.

Anyone watched from one of the gardens behind the East?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
All the above and sat in the old south seats and the new ones.
Yes me too.

Started in the West seats age 7. ST in the old south seats after we were promoted to Div 2 early 70s. Then in the East Terrace until Div 1 when moved to the North. Ocassional games on the NE corner, NW and SW standing. Never went in the Lego stand, but remember part of it crashing around me courtesy of Chelsea 83. Took my eldest lad in the new South seats for his first game, age 3 (1996).

Have also watched the Albion on all 4 sides of Priestfield.

Have sat in all parts of the Amex except the East Upper and the 1901.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I couldn't make my mind up whether to include the lego stand or not. I decided not too because i hadn't sat there as i was to young.

So you fixed the options so you could claim them all. Shame on you!

I started in the NW corner on my dad's toolbox (still got it) in 1970. Slowly migrated to the South Stand and when that was made all seater, slowly moved up the East until finally joining the North sometime in the early 80s. The only bit of terracing I missed out was the NE away pen.

Seats-wise, I only did the West stand for the Liverpool cup game in 84 (my boss couldn't go and gave me his season ticket) and tried out the lego stand and South stand at the same friendly match (I seem to recall against Luton) that was played mid-season but I can't remember why. We started that game in the North, went over to the lego (seem to remember singing "can you hear us with a roof") and went to the South for the second half by walking down the side of the pitch.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
All of them, including the Lego stand.
That used to get a bit shaky when it was windy!

The old South stand with the wooden seats and floor used to get really loud when everyone stamped their feet on the floor.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes...only went once into the south stand when we were moved there from the north stand when West Ham fans were causing mayhem.

Was in the west stand when we went to have a chat with our esteemed chief executive at the time...nice chap...can't remember his name but think it rhymes with biscotti. Unfortunately he hadn't taken up our offer.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
... have stood/sat in every part of the goldstone and watched 90 minutes.

North stand
Chicken run
North East
East both parts
South stand
West terrace both stands
West stand seats
North West
Mostly. Not sure I ever stood at the south end of the East or in the "away pen" of the NE corner.

Started with a few games at the front of the South Stand then 90% of my Goldstone experience was in the middle of the North Stand. Dad's favoured spot was half way back in line with the righthand goalpost. After that, as an older youth, I moved on to turning left from the central aisle and joining the Knees Up section.

Much later on had one match in the West Stand seats with my Dad.

The other parts of The Goldstone got visited only out of necessity or due to circumstances. Memorably the north end of the East Terrace for Blackpool in 78 and the north end of the West Terrace for both Norwich in 83 and Doncaster in 97. The south end of the West Terrace I ended up in for some reason for a game against Fulham (c.96?) when they had a big following.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I never sat in the West Stand - main or lego - wasn't that posh!

I started life with my Dad on the benches at the back of the South Stand and then graduated to the terrace behind that goal. After it burnt down and was rebuilt as an all-seater I moved to either side of the tunnel on the terrace in front of the West Stand - generally the back of the north side of it. Occasionally I went in the North Stand or on the East Terrace. I've a vague recollection of standing in the north east corner on one occasion but I can't imagine why unless the away fans had been moved elsewhere for some reason.
Arsenal cup game in 87 we were in the NE corner, Arsenal had the whole of the East stand so we were packed in there, 27,000 I think, certainly the biggest crowd I experienced at the Goldstone

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here