Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HYPOTHETICAL - Chinese club come in with £25m bid for Knocky this window - SELL or KEEP?

Knocky to Shanghai Tigers FC for £25m

• SELL you idiot - We'd be silly not to cash in whilst the getting's good

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • KEEP you idiot - The squad togetherness is amazing and we don't want to upset the balance

Votes: 104 86.7%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's a heartwrencher, I know - but Chinese clubs are absolutely SPRAYING the money around at the moment (£127m bid for Aubameyang?)

So, if a Chinese club came in with a silly money bid for Knockaert, would you still say keep?

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It's a heartwrencher, I know - but Chinese clubs are absolutely SPRAYING the money around at the moment (£127m bid for Aubameyang?)

So, if a Chinese club came in with a silly money bid for Knockaert, would you still say keep?

I think you know the kind of answers you'll get, but of course we keep him for that money. Frankly I would be amazed if a Chinese club bid for a player outside the top leagues, but in the fantasy event that they do come calling, it has to be over £100m, just for the lols.

I doubt Knocky would want to go anyway, although I suppose £250k a week might convince him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd say keep, but I do wonder what £ number we WOULD sell him at. It would have to be massive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Are you asking ME?

(i.e. in the hypothetical question, am I answering as a fan of the club, or AS the club?)

Because PERSONALLY I get a lot more enjoyment from watching Knockaert play football, than I would from seeing a different number on an accounts sheet. So, no.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think £40m would do it, at £25m we'd stick wouldn't we?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think you know the kind of answers you'll get, but of course we keep him for that money. Frankly I would be amazed if a Chinese club bid for a player outside the top leagues, but in the fantasy event that they do come calling, it has to be over £100m, just for the lols.

I doubt Knocky would want to go anyway, although I suppose £250k a week might convince him.

Just out of interest, seems like Chery of QPR is on his way to China.

Was a thread on him on here the other week where general consensus is he's a bit of a mercenary with attitude issues. Case closed on that one I think.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Keep for so many reasons. But mainly because the potential income we would gain by making it to the Prem is much more than £25 million.

I would add that all of the current players are part of a machine that compliment one another almost perfectly. Take someone as integral as AK out of it and it could fall apart completely (Kante at Leicester for example).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hypothetically
1. Knockaert would refuse any amount of money to leave us right now, especially when he can be with his family within three hours.
2. The Premier League money is worth more than a Chinese offer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Keep.

In non-financial terms, he's worth more than £25 million to the club – if that makes sense...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No brainer really!
On Albions home and away menu.
It says No# 11 is Anthony Knockaert: a very good starter and brilliant to finish with :albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yet 5 have voted to sell...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here