Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans in disbelief at Benteke being sold?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Personally would not pay more than £15 million for him.
Glad to see Palarse over paid on that useless carthorse!

Well personally, I don't think I could scrape together £15,000,000 by the end of the month

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I couldn't give a toss what players earn these days. I just ignore that sort of silly stuff and enjoy the football. Plenty of people earn silly money all over the world. I can't be arsed to single out football players wages. Also, I'm a believer that people's wages are none of my business. The only people I would be bothered about, in terms of wealth, are the people who make profit through poverty and war.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Unfortunately, the money involved now means most clubs are paying around the £80/90 k mark for players.
I'm certainly not comfortable with it, but it's the sky funded football world.
If you go up this year, your wage bill will treble at least.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Who's our highest paid player and what is he earning then?

Couldn't tell you, but would guess its Muzza, and your covering his £30 k wage.
Your wage bill last season was £25 mill, but you probably knew that.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Couldn't tell you, but would guess its Muzza, and your covering his £30 k wage.
Your wage bill last season was £25 mill, but you probably knew that.

You're correct about our wage bill, it would double at least, with half a dozen new highly paid players to come in.

But incorrect about who is paying Glenn's wages.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's rather ironic that Palace fans were so anti modern football, yet they're paying very average football mercenaries 100k a week, having had their man of the people owner sell a part share of the club to Americans.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It's rather ironic that Palace fans were so anti modern football, yet they're paying very average football mercenaries 100k a week, having had their man of the people owner sell a part share of the club to Americans.

Not ALL palace fans were/ are banging on about modern football, in fact it's probably only a hundred or so the rest of us don't really think about it too much TBH !

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
You're correct about our wage bill, it would double at least, with half a dozen new highly paid players to come in.

Aww! Only half a dozen? I'd like to think we'd at least match our United States of Croydon chums. Sixteen wasn't it? :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I couldn't give a toss what players earn these days. I just ignore that sort of silly stuff and enjoy the football. Plenty of people earn silly money all over the world. I can't be arsed to single out football players wages. Also, I'm a believer that people's wages are none of my business. The only people I would be bothered about, in terms of wealth, are the people who make profit through poverty and war.
I get that, and I certainly don't give a moments thought to Albion players pocketing my annual wage in a week or 2.

But I wonder if that were to change the moment we felt we aren't getting VFM.

Begging the question:-
Not ALL palace fans were/ are banging on about modern football, in fact it's probably only a hundred or so the rest of us don't really think about it too much TBH !
Has that stance changed with Benteke as palace have lurched from one poor show to the next?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I get that, and I certainly don't give a moments thought to Albion players pocketing my annual wage in a week or 2.

But I wonder if that were to change the moment we felt we aren't getting VFM.

Begging the question:-

Has that stance changed with Benteke as palace have lurched from one poor show to the next?

Benteke has been ok imho it was the fraud managing us , that was the problem whether that can be fixed easily is the big question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here