Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Palace fans in disbelief at Benteke being sold?

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/c...ail/story.html

Crystal Palace fans in disbelief at reports star striker could be sold this month

Christian Benteke has been linked with a move away from Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace fans have scoffed at suggestions that club record signing Christian Benteke could leave this month less than six months after joining from Liverpool.

A report by the Daily Mirror suggests that Benteke could reluctantly be sold in January to generate funds to help boss Sam Allardyce strengthen his Palace squad for the second half of the campaign.

Benteke has scored eight goals in 18 Premier League games for Palace since joining in a club record deal, which was reportedly an initial 27m, with the potential for another 5m in add-ons.

But the former Aston Villa and Liverpool striker has not scored in five games, and has missed crucial penalties against both West Ham and Watford this season.

However, Palace fans have taken to social media to respond to the report, suggesting that they cannot see it happening, even if the club receive a bid of around 30m.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I'm sure, if it were true, that there would be a queue of clubs willing to part with north of 30m for such a star.
      I gotta Horse!
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Where's the vote @Giraffe

0 Not allowed!
      Personally would not pay more than 15 million for him.
      Glad to see Palarse over paid on that useless carthorse!

13 Not allowed!
      Heading to Derby for a medical.
      You make me
      Sleepless in Southwick whitelion's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Heading to Derby for a medical.
      Unless Norwich hijack him.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Prince Monolulu View Post
      I'm sure, if it were true, that there would be a queue of clubs willing to part with north of 30m for such a star.
      Your not wrong either, 8 goals in 18 games with a 13 million profit, nice bit of business.

Although I somewhat doubt the story as its silly season in the papers.

GUOAN NOWHERE Crystal Palace ace Christian Benteke has rejected a 40m move to Chinese side Beijing Guoan
      Crystal Palace hitman to reject offer from Beijing Guoan in favour of helping south Londoners stave off relegation threat
      But the Crystal Palace hitman is ready to rebuff a 40million bid to prise him away from the Premier League.
      t’s obviously a very tempting offer from a progressive club looking to keep up with big-spending Shanghai duo SIPG and Shenhua, who have bought brought Oscar and Carlos Tevez respectively.

Keep up to date with ALL the Crystal Palace news, gossip, transfers and goals on our club page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary.

And the money, around 165,000 per week, is a fair boost on his Eagles wages, thought to be around the 100,000-a-week mark.

On top of that Belgium international Benteke, 26, cost Palace 27m from Liverpool in July and more sceptical Palace fans fear the club may like to cash in on the former Liverpool striker.

But it seems he is ready to roll up his sleeves and back new boss in the south London club’s relegation fight.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by loz View Post
      But it seems he is ready to roll up his sleeves and back new boss in the south London club’s assault on the Premier League's top 4.
      Fixed for you.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      lets be serious for a moment, why do they need to sell to make funds available? where has all the money gone already? iirc they brought in Benteke and Townsend, selling Bolasie for a large chunk to offset most of that, so they shouldnt be hard pressed to fund players already. sad reflection of football if they do need to sell to buy.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      lets be serious for a moment, why do they need to sell to make funds available? where has all the money gone already? iirc they brought in Benteke and Townsend, selling Bolasie for a large chunk to offset most of that, so they shouldnt be hard pressed to fund players already. sad reflection of football if they do need to sell to buy.
      There was something discussed on here before and I'll be honest, it wasn't something I was aware of nor do I really understand it. Copy and pasted from the excellent Swiss Ramble (http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/20...r-money.html):

One challenge that Palace will have to confront is the Premier League’s new Financial Fair Play rules, or more accurately its Short Term Cost Control regulations. Given their return to profitability, they will have no problems meeting the loss targets (no more than 105 million aggregated over a three-season period between 2013 and 2016), but they might well have issues with the wage bill targets.

Specifically, clubs whose player service costs are more than 52 million will only be allowed to increase their wages by 4 million per season for the three years from 2013/14. However this restriction only applies to the income from TV money, so any additional money from higher gate receipts, new sponsorship deals or profits from player sales can still be spent on wages.

Parish is aware of this problem: “There are regulations, cost control measures and targets we have to hit. And we were close with ‘issues’ in that respect.” My guess is that they have just about managed to stay within this de facto salary cap in 2014/15, though this could be a real headache in future years – unless the rules are amended in light of the new TV deal.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.