Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Sleepless in Southwick whitelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southwick
    Posts
    7,418


    0 Not allowed!
    Saw the local BBC news at lunchtime where they interviewed a number of guys near the scene who knew him. Apparently he was a 78 year old homeless Hungarian guy. Very sad. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      sleeper cell
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Behind enemy lines
      Posts
      3,104


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Didn't expect that.

      I wonder if the police new it was dangerous as they pursued him.
      Every pursuit is dangerous otherwise it wouldnt be a pursuit it would be called a stop.
    • #13
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      28,728


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Column View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Every pursuit is dangerous otherwise it wouldnt be a pursuit it would be called a stop.
      They're judged on merit, police will often stop as they believe it's putting someone's life in danger.
    • #14

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They're judged on merit, police will often stop as they believe it's putting someone's life in danger.
      Indeed they are supposed to.

      They put the chopper up for the woman who was eating an apple on the motorway. And to chase down "Wally". Wouldn't this scenario have been better suited to using the chopper?

      Very sad indeed.
    • #15
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      28,728


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wouldn't this scenario have been better suited to using the chopper?
      Well I'm not going to jump to conclusions, I was just wondering about it. Of course there's always an element of risk when pursuing someone.
    • #16
      5 millionth post poster Gazwag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Bexhill-on-Sea
      Posts
      23,587


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed they are supposed to.

      They put the chopper up for the woman who was eating an apple on the motorway. And to chase down "Wally". Wouldn't this scenario have been better suited to using the chopper?

      Very sad indeed.
      Very difficult decision in the heat of the moment, maybe he was driving dangerously anyway and to let him go could have resulted in him plowing into a bus stop full of people further down the road, something the helicopter could not have stopped. I think there is a big difference to a car being chased where the chasing itself could cause a danger and a car which is already being driven dangerously without the police involvement.
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
    • #17
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      The Brighton and Hove Border. Just orf The Drove in Brighton not Hove
      Posts
      21,904


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Saw the local BBC news at lunchtime where they interviewed a number of guys near the scene who knew him. Apparently he was a 78 year old homeless Hungarian guy. Very sad. RIP
      Hungarian John. Bless him.

      Fairly harmless old boy who spent a lot of time at the YMCA in Old Stiene and North Road. And most of his day in the Ladbrokes there.

      The driver has given himself up.
      Last edited by hove born&bred; 11-01-2017 at 15:49.
      I don't care what you say to me. The whole first season at The Amex, I went to all Gus Poyet's pre match press conferences. I asked the great man what I wanted , when I wanted. It's something money can't buy.

      !!
    • #18
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Hove/Worthing before Melbourne.
      Posts
      8,144


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed they are supposed to.

      They put the chopper up for the woman who was eating an apple on the motorway. And to chase down "Wally". Wouldn't this scenario have been better suited to using the chopper?

      Very sad indeed.
      Easy to call when you were not there.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
    • #19
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      6,826


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed they are supposed to.

      They put the chopper up for the woman who was eating an apple on the motorway. And to chase down "Wally". Wouldn't this scenario have been better suited to using the chopper?

      Very sad indeed.
      Was the chopper available and in the area so it could take over the pursuit ? Was it making it's way down from the airport but would have arrived too late to to take over and potentially prevent this accident ? (if the cars stopped pursuing before it arrived, how would they be able to identify the car and driver again? would the car still have been driven as it was, even without the police pursuit?)
      Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
      Free The Winters Campaign
      Incompatible Browser | Facebook
    • #20
      sleeper cell
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Behind enemy lines
      Posts
      3,104


      0 Not allowed!
      The police chopper now based miles away in Surrey and would take around 20 minutes at best to get up and running and overhead? Bear Rd to St James Street took around 2 mins at that time of night and at speed by which time the damage was done and it was all over and car lost, no point in even calling the helicopter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •