Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone heard the allegations against Trump?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Saying Michelle Obama is a man isn't playing devil's advocate. It's being childish and silly and points scoring.

Oh dear, look up fake news if you will.

Knowing the Trump story was fake news, I posted another bit of fake news. Thus subtlety taking the piss out of the original fake news.

Get it? Michelle Obama is a woman, the fake news is the crap that she's a man...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed but 97% of the furore appears to be about that 3% bit of of nonsense. It just makes everyone look very silly and Donald Trump could well make political capital out of this. It's an own goal. An epic own goal.

Makes me wonder whether someone did this intentionally. What better way to bury bad news than by including it ALONGSIDE another bit of news that gets discredited?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh dear, look up fake news if you will.

Knowing the Trump story was fake news, I posted another bit of fake news. Thus subtlety taking the piss out of the original fake news.

Get it? Michelle Obama is a woman, the fake news is the crap that she's a man...

Sorry, you're right. This is sensible, logical, nuanced, contextual debate. How silly of me.

So you acknowledge you were point scoring basically.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Makes me wonder whether someone did this intentionally. What better way to bury bad news than by including it ALONGSIDE another bit of news that gets discredited?

You know what - nothing would surprise me anymore. The way that the intelligence services in the US seem to be taking a big role in the careers of both HRC and Trump, pre- and post-election seems to be a direct throwback to the way J Edgar Hoover used to run the FBI.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
and all the while President elect of the free world has just lost his sh*t (IN CAPS!!!) on twitter of all things. What an embarrassment.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You know what - nothing would surprise me anymore. The way that the intelligence services in the US seem to be taking a big role in the careers of both HRC and Trump, pre- and post-election seems to be a direct throwback to the way J Edgar Hoover used to run the FBI.

It's the Lynton Crosby dead cat approach

Whatever is going on, throw a dead cat on the table and people will need to talk about the dead cat

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who is embarrassed?

And who are they embarrassed for?

It's embarrassing that someone who is going to be President acts the way he does on Social Media. He acts like a spoilt thick child.

I'd say EXACTLY the same if Hillary did the same.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You literally can't help yourself. The standard of debate nowadays is SO ****ing depressing.

What debate?

You think there's a debate out there involving Trump that doesn't have people regurgitating fake news and hurling abuse?

And you're having a crack at me. If you're that concerned about the standard of debate go ear bash all the Trump haters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What debate?

You think there's a debate out there involving Trump that doesn't have people regurgitating fake news and hurling abuse?

And you're having a crack at me. If you're that concerned about the standard of debate go ear bash all the Trump haters.

Huh? Literally none of that makes sense. I'm concerned at the standard of debate from ALL sides. You've fallen into the tribal trap of thinking that because I'm not a fan of Trump I MUST be a lefty liberal cuck who loves Hilary etc. It's SO ****ing boring. Grow up. Start seeing the context of things. Stop making it Team 1 vs Team 2.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's the Lynton Crosby dead cat approach

Whatever is going on, throw a dead cat on the table and people will need to talk about the dead cat

I take your point but I do wonder if there are more machinations at work here. I very much doubt that the heads of the NSA, CIA, FBI, ATF et al trust Trump not to act like a petulant child when in office and they could well be putting in place safeguards and alternative decision-making bodies that deliver solutions to Trump as faits accomplis especially on foreign policy and race-related matters.

There is a precedent for this with the back end of the Carter administration in the 70s where the CIA acted almost independently from their commander in chief having no confidence at all in Jimmy Carter's decision-making and of course under the entire reign of J Edgar in the FBI.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I simply play devils advocate. None of these people losing their shit over Trump said shit about Obama black mailing colleges into implementing a policy that saw young men being able to be accused of rape and expelled from a college with zero police investigation being required or involved. If colleges refused their funding was threatened.

To me that's a far more insidious piece of policy than anything Trump has come up with.

Yet Trump is evil and Obama is great. Screw that narrative.

im curious why an australian cares much about the current US President overseeing the application of decades old legislation, in a delicate and complex area. what exactly is the narrative you want to follow and project to others?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here