Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone heard the allegations against Trump?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
May I suggest that you watch it again. The movements are similar in that he shook both hands, but there is a definite difference between the movement for the journalist and the other two occasions. For instance, for the disabled journalist, his fingers were bent and locked, whereas the other two were open handed.

I have replayed it more than once. We are watching the same thing so it is clear that it is subjective. At least one other person agrees that it is not as clear as it was made out to be.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
quite, and seen as a casual gesture. with the reporter episode, he very deliberatly puts down what he is holding to enable him to make his "impression". he wants to make that gesture, you judge why. seems plenty of people have, its his bed to lie in.

Unless he was going to do a Tommy Cooper impression this is 2+2=5 reasoning mate ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have replayed it more than once. We are watching the same thing so it is clear that it is subjective. At least one other person agrees that it is not as clear as it was made out to be.

He obviously feels very sensitive about it when Meryl Streep alluded to it in her speech. She didn't mention him by name, but he still felt he had to 'defend' himself in a very childish manner. Why?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He obviously feels very sensitive about it when Meryl Streep alluded to it in her speech. She didn't mention him by name, but he still felt he had to 'defend' himself in a very childish manner. Why?

Not as childish as Robert De Niro making a video saying he was a punk, a dog, a pig, a bullshit artist, a mutt etc, and wanted to punch Trump. Trump only said she was overrated.

Maybe Trump hasn’t got time for the liberal hollywood acting fraternity that has tried to drag him through the dirt for their support of warmongering Clinton, and maybe the reference Streep made about the alleged mocking of a disabled reporter at the Golden Globes was in bad taste.

Of course he is sensitive of being accused of mocking a disabled person at the Golden Globes..

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Not as childish as Robert De Niro making a video saying he was a punk, a dog, a pig, a bullshit artist, a mutt etc, and wanted to punch Trump. Trump only said she was overrated.

Maybe Trump hasn’t got time for the liberal hollywood acting fraternity that has tried to drag him through the dirt for their support of warmongering Clinton, and maybe the reference Streep made about the alleged mocking of a disabled reporter at the Golden Globes was in bad taste.

Of course he is sensitive of being accused of mocking a disabled person at the Golden Globes..

Or maybe he's a man child with a thin skin and a high propensity to over react?

Have you ever heard of gaslighting? It's what is happening at this moment and Trump/his team are superb at it

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
So what if they're true. I expect everyone one on here and politicians across the world are sweet innocent people who've never done such things. Bloody Hypocrites.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Have you ever heard of gaslighting? It's what is happening at this moment and Trump/his team are superb at it

I know what gaslighting is but doubt you do, got an example?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I know what gaslighting is but doubt you do, got an example?

Gaslighting is based on a story/film whereby people deny something in an attempt to amends somebody's view of reality. In the film it was the dimming of the gaslight and the subsequent denial of it that caused the female character to believe that their perception of reality was wrong. It can lead to other attempts to question an individual's perception - it's a tool used by controlling partners in domestic abuse situations.

In the case of trump and to a degree brexit, it's about the constant denial of something that has happened or the post event attempt to create a narrative about why it a situation may have taken place (e.g. it's a joke, I didn't mean that, what you think you saw didn't happen)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Trump isn't manipulating others to doubt their own sanity.

Meryl Streep pulling on the heart strings regarding a matter that is far from conclusive and directed at her President on live national and global TV is underhand. All he said was that she was overrated.

https://youtu.be/8lnZqALX4zw

It's funny how he manages to get lots of other celebs of all colours and races on his Apprentice show. Denis Rodman and Latoya Jackson is in the current series and I believe a deaf woman won last years.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Trump isn't manipulating others to doubt their own sanity.

Meryl Streep pulling on the heart strings regarding a matter that is far from conclusive and directed at her President on live national and global TV is underhand. All he said was that she was overrated.

https://youtu.be/8lnZqALX4zw

It's funny how he manages to get lots of other celebs of all colours and races on his Apprentice show. Denis Rodman and Latoya Jackson is in the current series and I believe a deaf woman won last years.

Trump and his supporters are trying to get people to doubt what they perceive, believe or saw. Whether it's by their own attempt to promote fake news as well as attempting to spin a narrative.

I'm not saying trump is alone at this but he's certainly the best proponent of it in my view

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
May I suggest that you watch it again. The movements are similar in that he shook both hands, but there is a definite difference between the movement for the journalist and the other two occasions. For instance, for the disabled journalist, his fingers were bent and locked, whereas the other two were open handed.

Correct. The difference between the two movements is stark, a fact which that laughable video actually concedes before wilfully ignoring.

Anyone who tries to deny that Trump mocked Kovaleski's disability is an out an out liar. It happened.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Trump and his supporters are trying to get people to doubt what they perceive, believe or saw. Whether it's by their own attempt to promote fake news as well as attempting to spin a narrative.

I'm not saying trump is alone at this but he's certainly the best proponent of it in my view

I would argue that it was Meryl Streep who was peddling the fake news, but she is clearly a victim of it as well. She chose the wrong platform even if it was true.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
News conference is being streamed on YouTube for those interested

The man actually says nothing other than sound bites, he loves the word....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 198

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here