Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone heard the allegations against Trump?

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
A bit of both perhaps.

If the president-elect didn't mock people in general and the Washington Post wasn't leaning liberal and trying to cover their own mistakes there would be no issue. Which person/news agency will occupy a respected and most powerful worldwide office in the future?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Indeed, probably the most trusted news outlet on the planet, who else gets criticized for having a left and right wing bias. Trump will just hates anyone that puts him under scutiny

In all fairness I read an article recently saying Obama had basically healed all race relations in the US, can't get more FAKENEWS than that.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You mean politically correct. I bet he couldn't give a **** about the likes of you. He's got the mandate from his people and they love it.

Well, TBF he has a mandate from a large minority of the people, and they love it. The majority of us, not so much.

Trump will enter office with an approval rating below 40%. This has not happened in the lifetime of polling.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Gaslighting is based on a story/film whereby people deny something in an attempt to amends somebody's view of reality. In the film it was the dimming of the gaslight and the subsequent denial of it that caused the female character to believe that their perception of reality was wrong. It can lead to other attempts to question an individual's perception - it's a tool used by controlling partners in domestic abuse situations.

In the case of trump and to a degree brexit, it's about the constant denial of something that has happened or the post event attempt to create a narrative about why it a situation may have taken place (e.g. it's a joke, I didn't mean that, what you think you saw didn't happen)

Your definition is correct but your example is not one, just prevaication and obfuscation.

Most of the stories about Trump began on 4 chan

truthbomb.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Your definition is correct but your example is not one, just prevaication and obfuscation.

truthbomb.jpg

Let's wait and see shall we? I reckon a couple of years may see things clarify a little.

As for 4 chan, there is another explanation here which is the dossier came first and 4chan which is basically a toilet wall, had somebody put elements of it on there

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Some people love it, and some people hate it. This is the problem, it kills the middle ground where you find consensus. It's polarising, and is exacerbated (what do you mean) by the way many people consume their media now, driven by social media algorithms. Fake or real, whatever - you get the government you deserve.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Let's wait and see shall we? I reckon a couple of years may see things clarify a little.

As for 4 chan, there is another explanation here which is the dossier came first and 4chan which is basically a toilet wall, had somebody put elements of it on there

Not according to the date stamps and screencaps that have been posted., nor the backpeddling damage limition job done by Rick Wilson on twitter I notice that gaslighting has been a bit of a leftish buzzword of late. I mean if your going to make fakeclaims that trump is a psycopath you are going to have to also make fake claims about the evidence of Sociopathy as well. The problem is he is very much removed from being a psyco, maybe a slightly autistic and ego-centric. You want a gaslighting psyco? Hillary fits that pattern so well.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

More rubbish. from the alt right.Unfortunately for them the chain of events as claiimed doesn't add up. This is just fantasy and bragging.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
More rubbish. from the alt right.Unfortunately for them the chain of events as claiimed doesn't add up. This is just fantasy and bragging.

I think in this case, it does appear that they are right. The Guardian, Washington Times et al have all torn Buzzfeed apart for what they've done and even CNN's Jake Tapper has distanced himself from Buzzfeed and the allegations. Buzzfeed's CEO has said that they are not going to comment any further on this (not surprised) and editor-in-chief Ben Smith has said that "there are serious reasons to doubt the allegations".

[tweet]819288679722184704[/tweet]

It's a ridiculous (and so avoidable) position for Buzzfeed and to a lesser extent CNN to find themselves in. A massive own goal, what with both news organisations taking such a high profile position against "fake news" and gift wraps the opportunity for Trump to ignore the questions that he really needs to answer. Buzzfeed in particular needs to take a hard look at itself. It's clearly lost its way in pursuit of a salacious anti-Trump story and its reputation has taken a massive battering and rightly so.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Really? Heres a cap of the original post from the person bragging they sent a load of bull to the anti-trump journo dated Nov2..

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ea01b8fcecc3035a7d574842c8fbdaa0&oe=5924975B

If tha.tdoesn't show up let me know and I'll host it. Taken from the archive here.

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/95568919/#95571583

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here