Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bigger ****. Hunt or Grayling?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't think it will ever be possible to take the politics out of the health service, in whatever form it takes. It's just one of those domestic issues that will always take centre ground in any debate between parties - like the economy, welfare, education and defence. There is no one simple answer, no single solution that can turn things around in a few months. Throwing money in its general direction, without knowing where the money is going or what exactly you hope to achieve, smacks of desperation and naivety.

I'm young and healthy, thank god. For now. But at my age, with no private health cover to fall back on, it is still in my interests to be aware of the issues facing the NHS as anyone else. Look at our Health Service we shouted with pride, a beacon of inspiration revered the world over. Free at the point of access, once upon a time. Problem is, the quality and care is not up to par. Whether that's because of staff shortages, underfunding and poor investment, growing populations... I don't know.[/QUOTE]

There are so many reasons as to why the NHS is seemingly under constant pressure, and it is not fair to single out anyone one person to blame. A whole culture needs to change and this is very hard to effect.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unless of course you wanted him to treat the workforce like that because you were ideologically opposed to their existence.

Point very much taken........

........ life is complicated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here