Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spring hall convert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The link between the two? They have 25k+ majorities. Jobs for life, they can afford to be deeply unpopular as they're never going to lose their seats.
    And another. Nothing is ever their fault or responsibility to sort out, despite their job titles indicating otherwise.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Maybe it is Labour's shame that they are so utterly unelectable that twunts like these can continue with their astonishing levels of ignorance and incompetence whilst safe in the knowledge that they will still be in power for years.
      I have some faith that the British public will not unequivocally elect this Tory shambles to power, regardless of the opposition. We saw with both Brexit and Trump that when large sections of the public are pissed off, they'll vote against the popular perception.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      I have some faith that the British public will not unequivocally elect this Tory shambles to power, regardless of the opposition. We saw with both Brexit and Trump that when large sections of the public are pissed off, they'll vote against the popular perception.
      I will never vote for the Labour party again, ever and I don't care how bad the Tories get. I'm probably not the only one who thinks this way either. The labour party fkd us over and they will never be forgiven for their migration shambles.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue'n'white View Post
      Less managers and more staff would help the NHS immeasurably - in fact that goes for virtually every business !
      In terms of the current discussion - Jeremy Hunt has to be the worst. Grayling does run him very close but he is just completely incompetent,
      Friends of mine were at university with Grayling and he was known to be a complete knob there too. Nobody is surprised at his inability to sort the rail crisis
      I'm interested what makes you think they are incompetent.

I strongly suspect they are doing exactly the jobs that is being asked of them. May had the chance to boot Hunt out of health a few months ago, she didn't. He's doing exactly what the Tories want. Equally, there is no Governmental pressure on Grayling to resolve the Southern Rail/ RMT debacle.

Their monster majorities enable them to be convenient scapegoats for policy. Calling them incompetent lets the Government off the hook for policy decisions that they are making.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      I will never vote for the Labour party again, ever and I don't care how bad the Tories get. I'm probably not the only one who thinks this way either. The labour party fkd us over and they will never be forgiven for their migration shambles.
      You are not alone, but I'll ask you - what have the Conservatives done in the last SIX years to reverse this then? And before you mention Brexit, that hasn't actually happened yet and there are no guarantees that migration will be reversed anyway.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Hunt .... because the NHS is more important and he really does not see it.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      Of course, it is always that way whichever party is in power. My Dad will never vote Labour because of what happened in the late '70's, and I will never vote Tory because of what happened during the 80's and 90's, and you'll never vote Labour because of the Blair years and there will be others who never vote Tory because of the current omnishambles.

The point is that no party stays in power forever and things always switch. You may not vote Labour but you'll certainly consider voting for another party, whether its libdems or UKIP or Green, or just neglect to vote, and the parties will switch and the wheel will keep on turning. Policies never really change. All you can ask of a government is competence and fairness, regardless of the colour of their rosette, but when they start failing, tha'ts when we switch.

Fair to say though, that I've never really experienced a time where the competence of both major parties can be questioned so openly and across the board.

0 Not allowed!
      looks like dave yes that dave got out just in time
      neuter and microchip and keep your cats in at night and just in case you lose one of the little buggers
      anyone who loses a cat can contact me by pm.
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Madafwo View Post
      Did he manage to look remotely towards the camera this time? The footage I saw a couple of days ago was shocking, permanently looking at the floor pretty much. Not that I'd ever trust a word that came out of his mouth but the way he came across made it even worse.
      No, of course not. Evasive and shifty as ever.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      You are not alone, but I'll ask you - what have the Conservatives done in the last SIX years to reverse this then? And before you mention Brexit, that hasn't actually happened yet and there are no guarantees that migration will be reversed anyway.
      And even to claim Brexit as an example of Conservative action would be pretty disingenuous, given that the Party leader led the Remain campaign, no?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.