Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff game rearranged for Tues 24th Jan, 7.45pm.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There's only one culprit for this inconvenience (or 2 if you count the fog:rolleyes:), and it definitely isn't the club or PB specifically.

Trying to reschedule a football match with a myriad of factors to consider in an already congested period is difficult enough, let alone factoring the cluster**** that is our current rail 'service'.

Just make sure to vent your frustrations in the right direction.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another positive , apart from it being played at the best time for our promotion hopes, is that if it snows Sothern trains will not be affected.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
There's only one culprit for this inconvenience (or 2 if you count the fog:rolleyes:), and it definitely isn't the club or PB specifically.

Trying to reschedule a football match with a myriad of factors to consider in an already congested period is difficult enough, let alone factoring the cluster**** that is our current rail 'service'.

Just make sure to vent your frustrations in the right direction.

Way too much common sense applied in this post

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Seems like there's still a few people desperate to take a dig at Barber and co.

This date is the best compromise, albeit a pain in the ass for many, but there will be park and ride options and without doubt the club will be putting a lot of effort into getting as many people to the ground as possible via alternative measures. I wouldn't be at all surprised if something could be negotiated to delay/postpone the strike anyway - maybe wishful thinking.

It allows us an extra days rest over Cardiff, and a long break assuming we play a 2nd string again at Lincoln/Ipswich. The only other option really was the 31st (Cardiff already have a fixture), or the 17th/18th January which would mean 3 games in 6 days.

Good decision from the club.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We already have a 24.1k recorded, so unless every single match-day ticket is refunded and we subsequently sell less than 1k combined with on the day sales and cardiff away support... I would suggest it's highly unlikely.

Pre attendance may not be the lowest but I'm near certain the actual attendance will be.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a f-ing stupid idea.

Several of us thought this would be the date, despite the strike.

I thought it would be the date too. Are you suggesting I don't feed my kids. I have to work. This will be the lowest actual attendance at the Amex for ages & I suspect the atmosphere and cash flow will suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought it would be the date too. Are you suggesting I don't feed my kids.
You said you booked it because of the strike, despite thinking it would be the date. Seems odd.

This will be the lowest actual attendance at the Amex for ages & I suspect the atmosphere and cash flow will suffer.
Cash flow? Have you had a private message from Tony saying he's struggling a bit at the moment? We want points. Points, points, and more points. Everything else is secondary right now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We want points. Points, points, and more points. Everything else is secondary right now.

This. Chris Hughton would have wanted this date, as it is clearly the most advantageous available. To compromise for any reason would have been a kick in the teeth for him and the team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You said you booked it because of the strike, despite thinking it would be the date. Seems odd.

Cash flow? Have you had a private message from Tony saying he's struggling a bit at the moment? We want points. Points, points, and more points. Everything else is secondary right now.

What can you not understand? I am working in North West London that week. I cannot get there on time from home due to the train strike. Therefore I'm staying up.

And I'm talking about the clubs cash flow. They're losing hundreds of thousands thanks to the train strike. The combined Cardiff games will be the worst of the season for bottom line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I'm normally a Southeastern train user at London Bridge for 5 ish as work close by. Would I be right in thinking I need to make my way over to Blackfriars for Thames link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here