Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

15 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls over Essex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a goodwill gesture the club should extend the refund option to season ticket holders who cannot attend the re-arranged fixture, bearing in mind many of them would have travelled long distances for the original fixture before being told it had been called off due to fog. This is different to a fixture change due to TV coverage which is publicised well on advance. I am writing to the club to express my dissatisfaction and to request a refund.
    Wow. Unbelievable. THERE WAS FOG

The ref had no choice but to call the game off - this was COMPLETELY beyond the control of BHAFC. And yet you think you should be refunded ? Wow. The sense of entitlement is, frankly, breathtaking. Tell you what, when you send your letter to the club expressing your dissatisfaction at a game being cancelled because of fog, how about you enclose an invoice addressed to Tony Bloom for the price of your ticket. And let us know the response.

Alternatively how about you just give your head a wobble, suck it up, and be grateful for the fact that someone is prepared to pay MILLIONS to subsidise this club and this team for you, me and every other fan of BHAFC on this (so far) momentous season.
    "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Slut Faced Whores Tony Meolas Loan Spell's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      FFS.

Cardiff play Reading on the Saturday in the league.

It ****ing amazes me that people are offering alternatives.
      Back in your box son. I naturally assumed that Cardiff were still in the cup and there could have been some leeway around fixtures.
      Sir RANTSALOT
      BIN THE FINN or we sleepwalk into league one ambition.

REMF quiz Runners up 2011, WINNERS 2013, Runners up 2014.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This rearrangement has absolutely nothing to do with Sky though. It was what is known as an 'act of God'.

The next available week for the game is the last week of February. Still midweek. No one knows if there will be a rail strike in that week either as it happens.
      It wasn't an act of Sky, it was an act of the club. If we'd have left it at Sat 3pm it would have been played. Sky have played havoc with our fixture list but that's to be expected. I didn't expect the club to join in.

You're right on later dates, though it would have given more chance for a negotiated settlement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This rearrangement has absolutely nothing to do with Sky though. It was what is known as an 'act of God'.

The next available week for the game is the last week of February. Still midweek. No one knows if there will be a rail strike in that week either as it happens.
      Not to mention that based on Paul Barbers response that last week in february would be well outside the leagues guidelines for this postponement

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Response from Paul Barber, who is in Coventry, on the date selection:

We are obviously aware this is a strike day. There are many such days right now! However, we cannot allow them to disrupt our season from a footballing point of view by creating a pile up of games later on.

As a general rule, postponed league matches must be played within one month of the original fixture date. Our choice was therefore Tuesday 24 or Wednesday 25. Both are strike days.

We have every sympathy with supporters getting to matches on strike days, and unlike most clubs we lay on additional transport services to help, but we must still play our matches within a reasonable timeframe.

I would add that, aside from the EFL's guidance and expectation on when postponed games should be played, the decision is taken between myself, Chris and our opposition, in conjunction with the EFL.

In reality, there are very few options in the second half of the season due to the number of games we must play, the FA Cup, scheduled replay dates, and our own preferences from a footballing perspective.

In this regard, the Tuesday was preferable to Chris than the Wednesday so, on this basis and given that strikes are due for both days on which we had an option, we went with the manager's choice - which Cardiff agreed to.

So, Newcastle game to be announced as either 21st or 28th February within days of the FA Cup 4th round games being played?
      or
      announced as 28th Feb to avoid clash with 4th round replays?
      In this great future you can't forget your past
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

Cardiff game rearranged for Tues 24th Jan, 7.45pm.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by n1 gull View Post
      Which is obviously the correct answer from a true fan
      So what you're saying is it's fine if we play Huddersfield away on a Thursday (I was going to use a hyperbolic example like Newcastle away at 11pm on a Sunday but actually a real life example will do here) so long as we win and you can see it on Sky. I can see that splitting the jury. Plenty will agree but not the people I go to games with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post
      So, Newcastle game to be announced as either 21st or 28th February within days of the FA Cup 4th round games being played?
      or
      I would guess those would be the dates to be considered. Thats without checking any other implications or newcastles fixtures around the time
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post
      or
      The 28th could clash with 4th round replays so OUT.

Newcastle play Villa on Sky on 20th, so 21st is OUT ( although that might get moved if Newcastle get to the 4th round ).
      Out of contract June 2017 : Maenpaa; June 2018 : Walton, Bruno, Bong, Rosenior, Hunt, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Ince, LuaLua, Hemed, Elvis

0 Not allowed!
      In this great future you can't forget your past
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      It's quite feasible that if the 2nd string keep going in the FA Cup we're going to have to fit in Barnsley (a) and Newcastle & Derby (h) in somewhere. And that's without replays or even (getting carried away with myself here) going through to the 6th Round of the Cup or further. For that reason alone I'm happy with playing Cardiff on the 24th
      Lording it in WSL