Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LUA LUA to QPR on loan

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I just hope one of our 3 other brilliant wingers don't get injured. I'm not talking about Skalak there, obvs. Let's hope Kaz makes a flying start against Reading.
Which one of Skalak, Knockeart, Murphy and March don't you rate then?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
“I'm very excited to be here,” he told www.qpr.co.uk.

“I'm looking forward to getting out on the pitch and helping QPR push on in the second half of the season.

“I'm here to help the team and enjoy my football.

“The manager has made it clear what he wants from me. He's a good manager and once he showed his interest in me, the first thing on my mind was to get the deal done.

“I just want to come in, prove my worth and hopefully please the fans with my performances.

“The responsibility of coming in and helping QPR out is something I'm really excited about.”[/I]

He either didn't say any of that or it's been heavily paraphrased.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With the departure of Manu and Lualua and Buckley before, we longer have any sheer pace up front. I think we should have speed merchant on the bench. Who?

Some teams are best beaten with sheer speed which always worries defenders. A speed merchant would worry, Bruno, Dunk and Doffy, not so much Bong and Goldson.

PS: A speedster who can trap the ball and shoot as well (with both feet ideally).

Right now, I would pen Murphy as the quickest a fraction ahead of Solly March.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
With the departure of Manu and Lualua and Buckley before, we longer have any sheer pace up front. I think we should have speed merchant on the bench. Who?

Some teams are best beaten with sheer speed which always worries defenders. A speed merchant would worry, Bruno, Dunk and Doffy, not so much Bong and Goldson.

PS: A speedster who can trap the ball and shoot as well (with both feet ideally).

Congrats on shoe-horning Will Buckley into yet another transfer window thread.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
March, Murphy, Knockaert and even Balders have a decent turn of pace, so I think we're pretty well covered in the speed merchant department. Kaz had lost an edge off his pace in my view, and it's rare to get a Billy Whiz with a decent football brain too.

Still think we'll see a couple come in during this window. Won't bother me if they aren't speed merchants, provided they have an eye for goal. :banana:
:thumbsup:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Obviously we could benefit from this but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I am not a fan of players being allowed to go on loan in the same division. Kaz can't get a game for us but over the next few weeks we could really benefit if he has a flying start his time at QPR. I assume that he will have a clause in his contract about a wage rise if we get promoted so he can actually have a bigger impact on promotion now than he would have done staying with us. That doesn't feel right does it?

Obviously we will benefit but I would be pretty irritated if Newcastle or Reading loaned quality players to other teams and they helped take points off us. You could argue it is irrelevant as you have to beat what is in front of you but he has a massive chance to help us get promoted. Let's obviously hope he does but that doesn't mean it is fair!

Would prefer a game-fit Kaz to be always in our 18

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need a flair/pacy reserve. What happens if Knocky gets injured?

Not really thinking of a winger but a second striker on the shoulder of the defender (Peter Vardy style).

Without a speed threat, the opposition tends to advance their full backs more. I like the idea of a quick player so we can put the ball into space when the opposition full back advances. Kazenga was not so good at that because he did not run into space very well.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would prefer a game-fit Kaz to be always in our 18

As often as not, I would have preferred him to start the games. Knocky made it a bit of a luxury to have two flair players in the side, only coming into its own when the opposition plays deep.

If any team Kaz could have gone to, QPR is the best. They like their flair players there.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
We need a flair/pacy reserve. What happens if Knocky gets injured?

Not really thinking of a winger but a second striker on the shoulder of the defender (Peter Vardy style).

Without a speed threat, the opposition tends to advance their full backs more. I like the idea of a quick player so we can put the ball into space when the opposition full back advances. Kazenga was not so good at that because he did not run into space very well.

You are referring to the Scottish car salesman?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...y.com/&usg=AFQjCNFEbENC6pnhFOgnm0Ay8-rX48-Xdw

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here